1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dos and don'ts for superpowers fighting terror....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by RoadRacerX, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Hehe Ray I liked you the first day I met you.. this just confirms why.....

(by the way the 500 is all back together and VERY healthy, it was sick at roebling, did just did not know it, handling adjustments should help put it at the front again)

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Both of these areas were seized during military defensive actions and held because they were used as offensive positions. In neither area was the enemy eradicated or ousted, they now are forced to share the area and do not politically control it.
    You are probably correct concerning Begin's actions, however, there are now plans to give back some of these areas and the Israelis have destroyed some settlements.
    I have seen no comparable actions from the Palestinian side.

My prediction is that any withdrawal from the Gaza/West Bank areas will be followed by increased terrorist activities from the Palestinians and a renewal of the call for the destruction of Israel, not any pacification or appeasement. The Arab mind-set you referred to will see any concessions as weakness and provoke further violence, not ease tensions. Compromise and tolerance is not something they historically understand or respect, but overwhelming power and the willingness to use it is.

The Palestinians have made it very clear for years that their goal is the destruction of Israel and eradication of Jews, not merely reclaiming or regaining access to any disputed lands. As far as land control, I don't think there is any "good" decision to be made by the Israelis that would be acceptable to the Palestinians.

3. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

What I read from that (and think RD meant) was that it's understandable why they are pissed at Israel and that it's legit for them to bitch about it... Just as the Amerind sometimes do. But since my wife is like 1/128 Indian, I guess my claim is safe! ;)

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Bitching differs significantly from blowing-up buses and restaurants full of women and children.

5. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

True dat...

I don't believe he was meaning what they were doing was legit, just that they had a legit beef... Big difference, for sure.

6. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Exactly. I certainly don't condone the Palestinians tactics, and politically they've been even dumber than the Israeli's.

7. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Um, no, neither of them is brief, or a simple read. And yes, I got the sarcasm. The current middle east situation does not lend itself to a 5th grade level synopsis, especially when that "synopsis" contains gross inaccuracies.