1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doomsday cometh......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by XFBO, Mar 21, 2010.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Am I the only fool watching the downfall of our country LIVE on CNN?

I suspect a lot of folks having to give up on costly hobbies in the near future due to jacked up income taxes to help support HC for those who choose not to work or buy it.

This will definitely go down as a memorable day in history....

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

10 min left

Yay = 107
    Nay = 55

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I agree. No reason for a 26year old to be under the umbrella of parents, for so many reason, with the exception of being in college.

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

It was interesting to hear pundits discuss how it all may play out and that if the Dems had enough votes they may allow some Reps to vote No to save a seat in Nov.

5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I heard a pundint on CNN this morning say something to the fact that she did not know why we were wasting time listening to a few small grass root groups when what the Representatives should be really doing is looking for the 100k that will be marching next week because those people expected to march for immigration reform really hold the future of the US.

6. CMMFL

CMMFL Well-Known Member

Rules?......we don't need no rules!

7. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Eventually national/mandatory healthcare will be a good thing.

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Stick a fork in us.....we're DONE.

May all those against this bill unleash hell in November.

Might be looking at buying some land in the old country (Italy) any dual citizens here, how's that work? :D

A good thing for who? How's Social Security working out for this country right now and moreso in 25+ yrs when there wont be much to collect? Mind you, that's assuming we'll still be able to retire at 67yo.....guarantee you, that'll be up to 75 within the next 7-10 yrs.

They've effectively just signed our children's future away today.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  9. TheX

TheX Thick Skinned

They have no idea how badly they are screwing up.

10. CMMFL

CMMFL Well-Known Member

Eventually??? I guess you are admitting and conceding that that was Obama and the Dem's strategy from the beginning. Total government control of HC. What's next? My business, your business? :mad:

11. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Looks like 228-195. We're screwed. If I'm reading CNN right. :(

12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

This'll be a great thing for my business.

Guess who's bid is cheaper.

Mine or the guy that doesn't spend 4K per month buying his guys healthcare?

13. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Wow, just, wow.

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Just saw the acting speaker dismiss a question about the resolution going back to the Senate. This is bull shit.

15. Vanzan

Vanzan Active Member

that was a policy vote. The health care vote hasn't happened yet.

If anyone wants to see how our country works...turn on C-SPAN. They are having a debate right now under the earlier policy vote about the health care plan that comes up later.

the beauty of C-SPAN is its raw live footage with no 'experts' to tell you what to think.

16. Vanzan

Vanzan Active Member

No doubt. Did he not answer because he didn't know, or because he is afraid of the answer.

Where the hell is Peloci? This is her crowning moment...she must be out trying to buy more votes.

Is anybody out there discussing the 1600 new IRS positions to run health care audits? IRS will be the inforcer. The penalty for not purchasing "qualified" insurance coverage is 2% of your income with a minimum of $2046.00

This is outradeous.

17. CMMFL

CMMFL Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear what a body language expert thought of Jeese Jackson, Jr. and his gavel banging.

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The way your mind works, that should equate jumping from the frying pan into the fire... :D

19. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

WTF, JJJ won't answer whether the House rules apply.

20. CMMFL

CMMFL Well-Known Member

It would be comical if it wasn't so tragic.