1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"DOOMERS"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tinfoil hat charly, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

i had to read it twice to get the gist of the message...he's talkin' complete breakdown, no?

1. Rural Property
    my neighborhood borders 100s of acres of farmland and woods. each home lot(50?) is @ 2 acres. walmart, lowes complex on the other side of the hill...accessable from behind by foot/4x4.
    one paved way in and out of the heighborhood. you have to go uphill to get in. natural defenses.
    2. Visa for Another Country
    i'm not going on a mission of uncertainty...not even to canada.
    3. Houseboat
    houseboat? easy pickin's, you'll be dead.
    i live near enough to the susquehanna river that foraging missions would be frequent routine. most people are afraid of the water...i feel safest on it. boats? i won't feel the need to acquire one legally if need be.
    4. Guns and Ammunition
    check.
    5. Family (and friends!!!)
    check. however, my family is all over the place. they're on their own if a rescue is out of the question.
    6. Water
    well water. every house in the neighborhood.
    7. Multiple Ways of Communication
    complete breakdown? not relying on technology there. monitoring equipment(scanners) will be monitored while the power lasts, tho'.
    8. Propane Tank or Electric Generators
    check. for emergency use only. will build fires.
    9. Basement
    check. walmart is around the corner ("stored can goods" raid) and one of the buddies drives for weis supermarkets, food by the truckload.
    10. Sun Tzu’s The Art of War
    + musashi's book of five rings.

what, me worry? my associates and i are waaay better off to survive this scenario than most. there's plenty of hardcore outdoors types, veterinarians, fabricators, mech/techs, good ol' home style food preppers, farmers, former military, etc. one of the issues will be convincing the halfdozen cops and chief of police that live in the neighborhood that they no longer have authority...they can shepherd their sheeple to extinction or join a community whose sole purpose is to survive/defend independently of outside assistance.

let me add...
    11. fall back position
    check. everything above(minus the river and shopping complex) and farther from the beaten path...real mountainman shit.

can't wait...it's gonna be more fun than formula/usa races!!!
    :D

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

"In a house or on a boat, a basement to store supplies and food could be the difference between living pretty and living on Spam."

A boat can have a basement?

4. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Yep...they come free of charge when you buy land in Florida.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That's where they store the fish.

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

If we do ever come to see a complete meltdown of society I'll be wishing I was 30 years younger.:) Having been raised in the country I figure I'll start remembering how to survive off the countryside pretty quickly. The big problem would be that there will be a hell of a lot of people trying to do the same thing. Since I live about 15 miles from the nearest large city (Fort Worth to the East, Weatherford to the West) and we might have problems with looters until all the fuel runs out. After that raiders would have to come on horseback, bicycle, or by foot. Back to the old days huh?

7. extrabill

extrabill Guest

You forgot the most important ones:

12. Trifluoperazine, Fluanxol, and/or Aripiprazole (Abilify).

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Zombies getting uppity again?

9. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

1. square purple cloth
    Check

2. five dollar bill and three quarters
    Check

3. black shirt and sweat pants.
    Check

4. brand new black-and-white Nike Windrunner athletic shoes
    Check

All I need is a comet.

Well.....I am from San Diego.

10. fastfreddie

i have no idea what those are...you got street names for that shit? :D

11. extrabill

extrabill Guest

They're for treating schizophrenia and paranoia.

12. fastfreddie

...and i would want that on the list for whom or, what recreational purpose?
    :D

ya know, i don't know if they were added to the list as something directed towards me or the potential zombies that might arise but, i was just sayin' in an offhand way, i ain't worried about what some pencil pusher thinks is necessary. i'm way ahead of them by the shear nature of my lifestyle and station. i don't need no stinkin' list...dem city dwellers might if it makes 'em feel good but, they're goddamned if they think they'll get out and implement a plan.

given that, does anybody think rioting and looting is gonna hinder those with common sense?

when/if it hits the fan, does any one think the powers that be will allow it to go unchecked?

anyways, in the mean time, am i gonna suffer worrying about it?
    not in the least.
    besides, if it happens, what's to worry about just cuz the walmarts have closed? the same shit we hope doesn't happen currently...armed robber, tainted food, medical emergency, etc...