1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donington Park, UK | WSBK 2014 [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'General' started by socalrider, May 23, 2014.

1. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Since Jim and the Great One are both slacking...

[​IMG]

Championship points heading into this round:

1. J. REA HONDA 139
    2. T. SYKES KAWASAKI 135
    3. S. GUINTOLI APRILIA 123
    4. L. BAZ KAWASAKI 119
    5. C. DAVIES DUCATI 87
    6. M. MELANDRI APRILIA 84
    7. D. GIUGLIANO DUCATI 69
    8. E. LAVERTY SUZUKI 62
    9. L. HASLAM HONDA 58
    10. A. LOWES SUZUKI 50
    11. T. ELIAS APRILIA 50
    12. D. SALOM KAWASAKI 34
    13. N. CANEPA DUCATI 28
    14. L. CAMIER BMW 20
    15. L. SCASSA KAWASAKI 16
    16. F. FORET KAWASAKI 10
    17. S. MORAIS KAWASAKI 10
    18. J. GUARNONI KAWASAKI 7
    19. G. ALLERTON BMW 6
    20. K. BOS HONDA 5
    21. C. CORTI MV AGUSTA 5
    22. M. FABRIZIO KAWASAKI 2
    23. A. ANDREOZZI KAWASAKI 1

FP 1 & 2 are complete, I'll leave the results out of here for now so some people can not be spoiled for the moment.

2. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

3. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I noticed that SBplanet does't even report the EBR times any more... keep on going guys!!

4. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

Was told that the WSB EBR bikes are running close to 25-40 hp down on the other bikes. Not sure what that equates to in lap times. Plus add in the fact these are all new to them tracks. Was surprised to see the Bimota ahead of them on the time sheets.

5. socalrider

i hope Johnny Rea can move up the chain in superpole.

i was screaming at my TV in 2011(?) when he dive bombed for the lead in the last corner against melandri at donington.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Granted Bimota already has a fully sorted engine package. Kudos to them for putting it in a decent chassis though. EBR seems to have the opposite. Sorted chassis and shitte motor. If history is any indication the motor is the easiest of things to sort out in the long run I think. Relatively speaking.

7. I can never understand why they can't just list all the results. They always cut off the back end of the sheet.

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

2012. And collected Haslam. He hasn't been the same since.

9. socalrider

yes, that was it. haslam and melandri on BMW. a lot of people were real pissed at him for that move but im a blind fan boy :D

10. socalrider

not only does Soup cut off the results, they have significantly different results for FP3 compared to Crash.net??? wtf.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2014/May/140523c.htm

:confused::confused:

11. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I think he hasn't been the same since he crash that broke his leg that year. Nothing to do with Donnington '12. He just happens to be on the in the wrong place. Rea's move was hard, very hard. But last corner, last lap but it was fair.

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I agree that the crash had a lot more to do with Leon's decline than the race; I was more pointing out how promising his season was looking right up until that fateful last time through Goddards. As far as fair, well, that's not easily adjudicated.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Guintoli snapped his leg and it took him years to get back up to speed.

14. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

As I recall, it's not the first leg he's broken. He smashed one a number of years before 2012.
    Googlefu. Aha, not what I thought, but it'll do. Yeash. I'd have probably quit after this. At 12 years old!
    http://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle/motoring/a-setback-that-became-leon-haslams-big-break

Maybe all the injuries are starting to wear on him. It happens, and he's been racing a very long time for a 30 year old.

15. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I was hoping that Bein would be streaming this for free this morning..oh well

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

17. socalrider

Wow. going to be a real interesting race in those conditions.

18. sandboxshooter

sandboxshooter Well-Known Member

Awesome race! Loved the dice up between the teammates.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

20. Phl218

Phl218 .