1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donington Park, UK | MotoGP 2009 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Jul 23, 2009.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Were you there?

2. caferace

caferace No.

They elected not to run them since it was wet. Probably worried about false deployments or having to remount post-crash looking like a doughnut.
    I wouldn't call it bitching, but it did come off a little bit whiny. :)

-jim

3. ED_006

ED_006 Well-Known Member

It was definitely a good race. Nice to see some new faces on the podium. I wanted Colin Edwards to get his first win but it didn't happen today.

WTF were the ducati guys thinking? The person who helped them make that decision is gonna be fired. I don't know why Hayden agreed with this. It made both Hayden and Stoner look like idiots!

4. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Based on Livio Suppo's comments, it sounds like it was the rider's call in both cases.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=37485
    The quote is about halfway down.

5. Oak

Oak Thiamist Altar Boy

I'm currently vacationing in Italy with my wife and her family. It seems that Lorenzo told Italian press that Rossi's bike is faster than his, and they give all the cutting edge stuff to Rossi, but wont give it to him.

Im surprised nobody heard that quote in the states. Maybe he will be moving to Honda after all.

PS. I hate races in the UK. :up:

6. caferace

caferace No.

Perhaps because the Italian press make shit up all the time? :)

-jim

7. Oak

Oak Thiamist Altar Boy

No I watched it on tv they were interviewing him and he said it on tv. My wife translated it for me and her cousins were cracking up because they hate him and love Rossi of course.

8. caferace

caferace No.

huh. Then color me interested. He's been mostly straight-up on his interviews of late. he did bonk his head when the hit the line today, though... :)

Some team images from today...

[​IMG]
    nice tires. :0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-jim

9. Sevenfiddy

Sevenfiddy Well-Known Member

"Im getting too old for this sh-....sugar" lol

Good race, despite the rain. It seems like it was a stupid decision for Stoner and Nicky to go with the wets, but they were very close to being right. If the rain had started coming down harder 20 mins earlier, the outcome could of been very different.

I cannot believe DP (haha I said DP) finished the race, let alone finish in 3rd. I thought for sure he'd be one of the first to go down.

10. Stogie

Stogie Banned

Yes it was! It was fun trying to guess who was going down! Those freakin' white lines are obviously NOT non-slip paint!!!

11. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

yep, motogp has been more watchfull these last few races

12. Huh? Funny that he doesn't remember how lucky HE was at laguna last year, when he crashed and didn't even lose one position. Rossi lost ten positions when he crashed yesterday, and rode well enough to make up five of them.

I guess he also thinks that Rossi was lucky all the other times that he finished in front of him this year too.:rolleyes:

BTW, very exciting race yesterday, and very good spectator turnout. Moto GP is far from dead.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He crashed at Laguna last year?

14. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

I don't think the Ducati guys were idiots, they just guessed wrong on the timing by 30 minutes or so.

15. mr240

mr240 Well-Known Member

That's because he and Rossi had a 30 second lead on the field.

16. Stoner is the one who was moaning about Rossi being lucky. Remember he (Stoner) crashed at laguna?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  17. Still lucky, even if they had a one lap lead. Any time you crash, there is a good chance that it will result in a DNF. Instead of worrying about how lucky someone else is, worry about how you can be better. Maybe see a sports psychologist to help you fix the bad case of nerves that is causing your heart to beat too fast during the race.

18. Rossi has been somewhat lucky during his career. All the greatest athletes are. It is almost like they make there luck. He was, however, also very unlucky in 06, and somewhat unlucky in 07.

19. N23

N23 Active Member

Definitely an exciting race, lots of surprises.
    I was rooting for Edwards but him getting 2nd was still good to see.

Last few races have been awesome.

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I really thought Edwards was gonna catch Dovi when he first caught and passed Depuniet. It seemed like he lost a bit of steam when Dp got back by him and held him up for a lap or 2. Either way it was nice to see him riding the wheels off that thing and showing such great skill in tricky conditions......... And how about seeing him blow by Toesjam?!!!!!