1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donington Park, UK | MotoGP 2009 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Jul 23, 2009.

1. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Those pics are from last year. Notice the #1 plate on Stoner and the Michelin hat on Pedrosa.

2. caferace

caferace No.

There is not much I can do about that, as the race or practices hadn't yet been run. So instead, I give you some nostalgia. :D

I could have posted this instead....

[​IMG]

But I try to keep things relatively neutral. :p

-jim

3. caferace

caferace No.

4. Zakath

Zakath Well-Known Member

Rossi was more then a second off pace until the last few minutes...

Rossi - Pedrosa - Lorenzo - Stoner

5. Coke in can

Coke in can Banned

the day I put an 'merica over a brit...

At least Nicky has race wins, not to mention a championship...thats more than lorenzo can say....and toseland isn't even in the picture.

6. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

It will be very interesting to see what happens over the next 2-3 weeks. His departure from Yamaha would surely be big news and have quite a chain reaction. This is maybe the most interesting thing about MotoGP right now. :D

7. JustinCase

JustinCase I Forget

Check your facts. Lorenzo has just as many MotoGP wins as Nicky.

8. Coke in can

Coke in can Banned

Check your facts, how many premier class championships does he have?

winning races is one thing, putting together a year to win a championship is no small feat.

:wow::wow: I'm defending an 'murican rider...to a yank :crackhead::crackhead:

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How about comparing Hayden and Lorenzo after a year and a half each in MotoGP?

10. JustinCase

JustinCase I Forget

I did not say that Nicky had won any championships. You said, and I'll type this real slow for you,
    Check your facts. Lorenzo has just as many MotoGP wins as Nicky.:crackhead:

11. JustinCase

JustinCase I Forget

Where did you go? Off to snort more coke in the can? Wait, you guys call it the loo don't you?

12. maine11204

maine11204 Well-Known Member

I think all of you guys are danglin' right now.

13. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

I think Lorenzo should stay with Yamaha 1 more year, then move on IF he feels compeled to do so. I don't see where he has anything to gain by goin to Honda..or did I miss something..???

14. Sevenfiddy

Sevenfiddy Well-Known Member

Chedda, green, moola, paper, mayo, benjamins...

15. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Money isn't everything......

Or is it..? :p

16. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch

I think Lorenzo would be be foolish to leave Yamaha unless they're screwing him over behind the scenes. IMO, he should get his ego in check and stay put, establish a great relationship with and learn first-hand from the best rider ever, become the #1 Yamaha guy when Rossi retires or "loses a step", then take over the Rossi mantle.

17. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Unless he starts beating Rossi consistently on equal equipment soon I don't think he's willing to waste that many years of his career in Rossi's shadow. I think he's hoping he van get more $ along with being the number 1 rider on his team and that won't happen when you're Rossi's teammate.

18. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch

I hear ya. But, seems to me (from an outsider perspective), he has every opportunity on a great team to succeed. If he can't beat Rossi on equal equipment, then that means he's got some more learnin' to do.

Also, it doesn't seem like there are any better opportunities out there. Honda is Pedrosa-focused, Ducati is Stoner-land and unridable, Suzuki's no good, and Kawasaki's nowhere. He's got equal equipment on the best team in the paddock with the best rider of all time. I'd take my chances with Yamaha.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Jorge could have a chance to be King Bee on a team. Not a bad move at all. He sure was a moody chap after qualifying!

20. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch

Given the circumstances, which team do you think? Options don't look so good to me.