1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dogs, man.

Discussion in 'General' started by sowega, Jul 17, 2017.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

1-2 years. Just a pup.

She's already really mellow and well behaved. It seems like she has a few minor social issues that could be worked out. Once she got some exercise she calmed down and couldn't be bothered with other dogs or people on the trail.

Want to take her home? I may be willing to deliver... :D

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've opened alot of peoples eye's about "name brand" dog food. The name don't mean shit, it's marketing. Flip the bag over and read the ingredients, if it starts off with corn and wheat it ain't dog food, it's cattle feed.

3. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

It is also a good idea to consider nutritional values, as well as caloric values. CostCo brand 'Natures Domain' has been rated well over many years and it includes probiotics, as well as covering dogs meat/veggie/fruit 'ominivore' requirements.
    On the other hand if you enjoy doing special forces work, feeding a active forty pound dog 6 cups a day to meet nutritonal needs leads to you working harder to remove the additional 'land mines'...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep! Our pyredoodle doesn't care, he'll sit or lay on the deck in the pouring rain no problem. The labradoodle doesn't mind the rain but is a priss about his feet, he'll go pee and poop on the cement under the deck if it's raining or really wet rather than walk in the grass.

5. sowega

sowega #710

6. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

My grandparent had a dog when I was a kid that ate boiled chicken and rice everyday. I use to joke that some days he ate better than us. Great dog that lived like what seemed forever and never had a single health problem.

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

You probably don't want to know what goes into my dogs food. He definitely eats better than a lot of people. :D

ryoung57 likes this.
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm the same way. The cashier at the store asks if I'm having a BBQ because I've got 20lbs of chicken and I'm like, "um yeah, a BBQ, that's it!".

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

On sale, chicken is cheaper per pound than most dog foods.

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

For chicken, I buy 40lb boxes of necks now and run the through the grinder.