1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does completing K.Schwantz school qualify me for P/N status ?

Discussion in 'General' started by MFreeland, May 28, 2002.

1. MFreeland

MFreeland Member

I,ve seen threads that say yes and others that say no . I'm trying to decide if I will go to Kershaw or not. While I'm on the subject , any suggestions / comments about doing my first weekend at Kershaw i.e. easy / hard to learn , scary fast / fun fast . Any help is appreciated .

2. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

If I'm not mistaken, you will only have to complete one race as a P/N instead of 2. The school count as one. Pretty much any school will give you P/N status. I just completed my 2nd race weekend at VIR.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Schwantz school does qualify you to get a PN license. It does not however count for one of the two weekends.

4. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

It's a fun track, pretty fast in sections and not too hard to learn. If it's your first race weekend I'd definitely recommend doing the Friday practice day and hooking up with someone who knows the track. Talk to Ed Bargy and see if he'll let you go out on the parade laps on Friday morning so you can at least see the track at a slow pace before you go out in practice.

If the track is open Thursday night I highly recommend walking it so you can learn the layout.

Just be smooth, consistent and hold your line as most people have been there before and know the track pretty well. You'll do just fine, but most importantly have fun! :)

5. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

Thanks for the correction:D :eek:

6. MFreeland

MFreeland Member

Thanks for the information / input . Put my registration form in the mail this morning :D. My Kershaw plans may have been torpedoed however , looks like the S/O will be out of town :( if so I look foward to meeting everone at Road Atlanta .

7. WERA29

All the more reason to come to the track instead of sitting home and being lonely! ;)

8. TLsupertwin

TLsupertwin Well-Known Member

So the Schwantz school DOES qualify you to get a race license? What's the two weekend deal?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

With WERA you have to run two weekends as a Provisional license (assuming you have never roadraced before anywhere) prior to getting your full Novice license. You also have to wear a bright/contrasting t-shirt over your leathers so the other riders will give you a bit more room and expect strange race lines from you.

10. WERA29

Once you get your WERA PN (Provisional Novice) license, you must complete 2 WERA race weekends in order to get your full blown novice license. (The fancy laminated one ;) )

The Ed Bargy School qualifies as one of those weekends, but the Schwantz School does not.