1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do phone operators still exist?

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, May 11, 2018.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

AND, dont get me started about having to get up to change the THREE channels, and/or adjust the volume on the TV! My freinds had their antenna really high and up on their chimney- they got 5 different channels! 2 of them were the UHF channels

I remember when we used to always use directory assistance, and then they started charging extra for it.

Then, night time long distance was cheaper, and I had a long distance relationship going once, and we always talked after 11pm!

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How so? Hitting 0 on my cell isn't going to tell me if there are still operators on a land line... :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds more like VOIP - not the same as a landline.

4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

We've still got an old fashioned land line. One cordless phone with answering machine, and one old rotary hooked up to it. What pisses me off is we still get charged for "touch tone service". I called to complain one time (using the rotary), asking for it to be removed because I was perfectly happy using my old rotary phone. The guy on the other end didn't believe me that I had one, and said "those don't even work anymore". I offered to take a picture of me talking to him with my cell and text it to him lol. They also wouldn't remove the service from my bill.

5. joec

joec brace yourself

If they don't work anymore, why is there an additional fee?

6. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

You can't fight Ma Bell!