1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

divorced and looking for a new place???

Discussion in 'General' started by Tristan, Aug 16, 2021.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Flat track? TT course is a better option.

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Especially here:

[​IMG]

auminer likes this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Damn bro. Sorry about that. If you have the time, I believe that it can't keep going like that.

I bought some land, and got to it just in time, the hounds were nipping at my heels. I believe the seller wished that he hadn't made the deal with me.

5. Tristan

I've got nuthin' but time, and enjoy being debt free...

jrsamples likes this.
  6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I looked for land in UT for over 2 years. It was difficult when I started and that changed to completely impossible. The number are stupid, even without water or power.

I have a buddy who lives in Denver who is trying to find a home in the Arkansas hills. He has had the same experience that you have.

7. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

If you've got the time to wait, this bubble doesn't have much time left. People have been buying on emotion instead of intelligent planning, and a friend at my bank says the number of defaults has skyrocketed in the last couple of months. They're also nearly all purchases within the last 6 months. My house is 'worth' nearly 50% more than what I paid in 2018. I don't think for a second that it's real, and if I sold it, it's not like I could buy something similar for less. That original property you posted seems like a deal. Around here, it would be easily double, particularly since that type of property has always been hot property in my area. That's why it took me 2 years to find something, as I was in competition with older guys who had the money to throw at something, just because it had outbuildings.

8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I've had several people in my neighborhood sell their homes and move to something smaller which was a great deal for them. They buyers just paid a ridiculous premium for homes that are going to drop 200K in perceived value in 6 months. I do feel a little bad for them as they'll be way upside down for while.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It's a great opportunity to take on tax write-off debt and pay it back over the next 30 years with far cheaper dollars. Provided, of course, that you don't overpay. As with any investment, profit {or loss) begins when you buy.

10. Tristan

No matter how I try I can't get on board with this logic

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It has to do with present and future value of your dollars. Basic concept is that you dollar will never be worth more than it is today. with the specter of significant inflation, your payments will be made with dollars that are worth less and you will receive a reduction in income taxes due to interest. It's an interesting theory.

12. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Thats also assuming you have enough deductions that you can take the mortgage interest deduction too... with interest rates as low as they are, it might be difficult to itemize more than the standard deducton now.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Go buy a full basket of groceries tonight. Keep your receipt. Put it in a safe place along with last year's tax return to remind you how much you made last year.

Bookmark this thread, and set up a calendar reminder to read it again in ten, fifteen, and twenty years. Go out each year and buy that same basket of groceries. Compare the receipt each time to tonight's receipt. Compare also, your W2 from the previous year.

It'll all make sense then.

It'll be too late to take advantage of it, but it will make sense.

14. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yeah...since they upped the standard deduction, it takes a lot more itemized deductions to make it worthwhile. Then again, I probably am also feeling the effects my daughter no longer legally being a dependent. (reality is a bit different)

16. Tristan

Oh, I understand the theory... just not the practice of spending $300K to "make" money

17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

My 2020 taxes were the first time I used the standard deduction since I was in my early 20s.

After my refi in Feb (2.25% 20yr) I was shocked that my first payment I paid more in principle than interest. I suspect my 2021 taxes will be the same as last year, standard deduction.

18. Tristan

I haven't been able to take more than the std. for many years. And apparently I make $3.50 too much to write off my IRA contributions...so I'll effectively be taxed twice on that.

19. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Have a cheap place in Brazil short term if your interested, or just looking to get away for 3 months.5 min walk too the beach

20. Tristan

I don't like walking also the beach