1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divorce help - God Damn Epidemic

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Sep 14, 2018.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm pretty confident that his wife speaks better German.

2. That is exactly correct. And it is all kinds of wrong.

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

huh?

4. In Germany, after one year of full-time employment, you can petition to go part-time. This must be accepted by the employer. Part-time employees still get full benefits.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So, having wrapped my shitshow up last week and paying the skank her blood money, I've had a bit of an epiphany. In reality, I'm not really out anything, nor are most of the others involved in this. We're really just paying it all forward (backward). A good portion of the money I had to pay is likely going to pay her new bf's divorce settlement. And in all likelihood, I'll wind up with some other recently divorced woman and I'll get to reap the benefits of whatever the poor sap that married her first had to pay. It's just a cycle.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That's usin' your noggin'! Getcha a good'n. I did!

[​IMG]

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:beer: I’m glad it’s behind you.

StaccatoFan and BrianC636 like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're all oddly similar in some ways.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s not a zero sum game.

Fencer likes this.
  10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Just in case anyone is feeling depressed in the midst of their divorce, I just wanted to give you a ray of hope by confirming the following :

That is all. :D

Fencer, TLR67, klebs01 and 11 others like this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

ryoung57 likes this.
  12. speedluvn

You don’t get out much do you? :rolleyes:

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

That's my experience. GF lives a couple of blocks from West Paces in Atlanta. She got the house and alimony and it's a hell of a house. We've agreed to not get married and never live together. Those things fuck up a relationship.

ryoung57 likes this.
  15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

To be divorced implies previously being "in a relationship", so no, I didn't "get out" much for the last 10 years, no. Thanks for asking.

16. speedluvn

Same here. I understand your sentiments. :beer:

cha0s#242 likes this.
  17. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Paperwork was final 8/8.

Been in my place about 3 weeks. She bought me a microwave as a housewarming present.

Still mostly being nice. Biggest argument thus far was when she called asking for my help to get the lawn mower started.

I told her that she initiated the divorce and she doesn’t get the “husband experience” when it suits her.

She didn’t like that answer. I was kind of pissy because i was our way late the night prior and her call woke me up. Quite hung over. Plus i had to bike to where i left my car

Fencer, MachineR1, Jedb and 1 other person like this.
  18. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

UPDATE:
    my student loan payment was recalculated this morning based on the loss of my spouse’s income, and i am quite pleased with the result.

I might even be racing again after i put a roof on the house and replace my furnace. Things just went from “it’ll be doable” to “the summer of George!”

19. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Do you still owe the same amount, but just stretched out over a longer period of time due to this recalculation? This may not be the deal it seems.

20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Your concern is totally valid. I forgot to mention that i’m Eligible for the public/non-profit balance discharge after another few years.

Driving down my present payment just increases the balance which will be discharged so long as i continue to make payments on a qualifying income-based repayment plan. Wife was super cool about that as well. I am the custodial parent who claims them as dependents for tax purposes so that my payment remains lower.

We’ve been fair about working together to avoid ruining each other financially. I didn’t force her to sell our house. She only has to pay me IF she sells it. Otherwise our daughters get my equity some day. I want the kids to stay in that house/school district.

Fencer likes this.