1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disalvo no longer in WSS

Discussion in 'General' started by r1ryder424, Jun 7, 2010.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

They must have just told him to Park and Go...... Badda umph....

2. Team manager Giuliano Rovelli commented: "I am sad that Jason decided to leave the team and am sure he would have eventually done just as well as his teammates, if he had a little bit more faith. We've done everything in order for him to perform at his best, as we've done with Matthieu Lagrive who took fifth place at Assen and finished twice sixth, at Monza and Kyalami. We are the team representing Triumph in the world championship and we've always treated our riders well. Maybe Jason couldn't find the right feeling with the bike or perhaps couldn't quite adapt to the competition. However, I wish him to sign with a team that fits him best"

If that is how it went down, it doesnt look good for Jason.

From an athlete's perspective, IMO you never walk out on your team...especially in the middle of a season. You do your best with what you were given until the final flag is thrown.

If his bike was unequal to the others on the team, the team (and others involved) would know that. In other words, his team wouldnt think less of him for not running as well because they would know his bike isnt as good.

Somebody gives you a opportunity on the world stage and you walk out on them in the middle of a season? It isnt every day somebody is offered a ride on a WSS team. Regardless of if your bike was as good or not, you still should be happy with the opportunity you are given and give it 100% till the season is over.

Im sure there is more to the story than any of us know. But if it went down like the Team Manager said it did, Jason acted like a spoiled crybaby.

He would have been a lot better off trying his hardest and proving he can beat some guys with an inferior bike instead of quiting because his bike isnt as good. If nothing else, the experience he could have learned over the rest of the season would have been valuable.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They definitely did not give Jason the same equipment as Chaz so that leads me to believe Jason over the manager.

4. random hero

random hero Banned

Crummy way to end things, I'm sure there are two different sides to the story, but Disalvo comes out of this looking pretty bad imo, hope it works out for him... But I'd think this would leave a bad taste in some people's mouth.

5. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

I agree that he should've stuck it out unless they were letting him go. I mean, Roger Lee isn't doing too hot either, but it sounded like he's possibly getting better equipment next year from that interview he did with OTT at Miller.

6. That still doesn't warrant quiting.

If the Manager decides they want to cut down on the number of riders so they arent spreading the wealth so thin, that is one thing. But for a rider to quit. :down:

Im sure the whole truth will come out eventually. I just hope it doesnt end up in a pissing contest that could (further?) ruin Jason's future opportunities.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Until you have all of the facts there is no need to jump to conclusions is there?

8. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Was this a bought ride?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're all bought rides to one extent or another. Every rider has personal sponsors that come with them.

10. racing+life

racing+life Well-Known Member

Quiting because you are not doing well is one thing. Quiting because your money is being spent to fund other riders/bikes is a whole other story and a justifiable reason to leave IMO. Not saying it is, just a thought.

11. Nope, sure isn't. That is why i said "if it went down like the Manager said..." and "im sure the whole truth will come out...".

My comments were based solely on what the manager said.

If Jason had any say/option in the decision, then i stand by my comments. If he was kicked off the team with no say in the matter, then i feel bad for him and hope he is picked up soon.

12. I see your point but still disagree. I reckon i just have the "be happy for your opportunity" mentality.

I would rather continue to learn on a lesser bike than sit at home.

13. racing+life

yeah but if your opportunity was paid for as in a business investment and that investment is going south the only thing you learn is that your investment is not panning out and you should cut your losses.

14. True.

But he was still traveling, learning new tracks, making new friends, gathering new contacts etc.

IMO, your point would be much more valid for somebody who has been on the world stage for years and "knows the ropes". This was/could have been an excellent opportunity and i think when an opportunity like this shows itself, it is best to soak it up and gain as much from it as possible. That cant be done sitting at home.

But like i said, if he was kicked off the team with no say in the matter, then he discussion is moot.

15. Maybe they were making room for McCoy to come back to Triumph. He's suddenly available.

16. Whike i hate to see Jason leave, that would be awesome. :clap:

17. racing+life

OK got it, put that way it would have been money well spent to be in the WSBK/WSS "show" for the rest of the year.

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

One interesting this is that Jason talked about them now being able to use the money to fund 3 more competitive bikes instead of four bikes. One of the things the manager says is we are looking for another rider for the 4th bike. So if we see another rider on the bike soon that would not look good for Jason.

19. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I have never met Jason but it is sad to me that he is out for the time being. The lack of American presence in WSBK/WSS is a major flaw for them in my book.

On another note, that WSS grid looked really small to me. I wonder how long before they realize that Moto2 will be the death of WSS?

20. Excellent point.

I read that, but forgot to comment on it. If they get another rider for that bike, it shoots the "downsizing" excuse in the ass.