1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disalvo no longer in WSS

Discussion in 'General' started by r1ryder424, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

:stupid:

At first I thought chaz was just getting a better drive than disalvo but some of those tracks are long enough that it really shouldn't make THAT much of a difference. At least I wouldn't think it would as far as top speed goes.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What makes you think there's not a team out there that would actively recruit him?

It's not Triumph, it's the team. They have a finite amount of resources and too many riders. Not enough money to get everyone the good stuff.

3. Obviously, when Chaz can hold off a freight train of 6 to 4 riders for 18 laps at Miller and Jason seemed to fall back spot after spot even though one could tell he was riding his butt off - we all know he's better than that. I bet he talked with the team and said "this will be good for all of us in a way" and parted amicably. Now they can throw all the money at Chaz who seems fairly worthy and Jason can go get a kick ass ride with a team with a better budget.

4. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Has anyone thought that maybe he had the same equipment, that as good as Jason is he was not a good enough good rider and was going to get sacked? Or maybe he couldn't ride the bike properly? And to be blunt, if you can't get bust a nut in WSS what makes you think someone will pick him up in this economic climate? It's a buyers market out there for teams looking for talent. One more thing, why would he part ways with the team when the season is only half over. Wouldn't you stick it out for the year, learn the tracks and get a name for yourself?

5. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

Depending on the circumstances, you can make a name for yourself, or, you can make yourself look worse than the rider you are.

6. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Pete, no disrespect but 5-10 mph through the traps has nothing to do with talent at Miller. You have 3/4 of a mile.... the bike is going as fast as it will go no matter who is on it. I teched all of the WSS and SBK bikes at Miller, they arent all created equal even on the same Team.

7. rob748

rob748 Well-Known Member

Are you sure he's not getting the same equipment ?

Did BE1 pay him or did he pay for the ride ?

8. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Good luck to Jason on finding another ride :up:

9. Cannonball39

Cannonball39 Well-Known Member

Chaz is a big meanie to his teammates, lol... Didn't Benny T. step down/amically seperate from KWS last year while a teammate of Chaz in DSB? Now DiSalvo over in WSS? Chaz simply needs to slow the fukk down so that his teammates don't look so bad!

10. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

I think it was Cycle News where I read that Jason's engine started to tie up in practice or warmup, and the team's response was, to paraphrase, "be gentle on it." I'm not sure I've ever heard of a team at that level not being able to plug in a spare engine. Pretty weird, and pretty sad.

11. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

After chatting with him at Daytona this year, I don't think he was digging the Bitubo suspension all that much either..Too bad, really. Hope something shakes out for him.
    Cheers, Lee S.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yes, pretty damn sure. ;)

That's not relevant. I didn't say he didn't bring money to the team. I said you shouldn't assume there isn't a team that's interested in recruiting him right now. Things change.

13. ScreamingSon

ScreamingSon Well-Known Member

It sucks to have it fall apart so soon. Hopefully Jason can find a new ride asap. Maybe he had other plans set up already?? He was dragging elbow pushing so hard at Miller!

14. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

I heard at one point that the Triumph teams were split up in 2s. Chaz and maybe Salom were on the ParkinGO team whilst DiSalvo and Charpentier/Lagrieve were on BE1. While pretty much the same team, the ParkinGO half was the only factory supported team. Not sure how much difference that makes, but obviously as small as DiSalvo is compared to Chaz, he should've been able to match him at least on the straights if he was getting the same bike.

15. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

It sounds like he wasn't happy with the team and/or bike and the team isn't thrilled about his results. It doesn't sound like he and the team were getting along if you read between the lines of the press releases. I find it hard to believe that Chaz's bike was that much better, but if the trap speeds are that different then who knows. I'm a fan of Jason's and I hope who finds another ride at the World level, preferably Moto2!

16. I wouldn't bet on Disalvo being any lighter than Davies. Chaz is super skinny, and Jason is rather stocky for a jocky.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, I know he's a better rider than his results have shown.

18. ubermoto71

ubermoto71 Well-Known Member

...and the Triumph team with a bit of a dig today:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2010/Jun/100608a.htm

His bike didn't seem to have anything for the guys in front of him at Miller. Watching from the final section, he was visibly pushing hard and seeming to get good drive onto the straight and not even come close to gaining anything on the straight. It looked like a pretty frustrating race for him.

19. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

None taken.

From someone looking to hire a rider, I'd read the RRW post and it translates into 'quitter'. You play the hand you're delt and move on.

20. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

He is going to Moto GP and is taking Rossi' spot ;)