1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. 8 hours a day? That’s a lot of wasted time :)

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

We just did the same thing over the weekend. Well, except, on the way to the race I was informed that the guy I was partnering with, was going to puss out. One of the three of us jokingly said lets do Ironman. We kind of all agreed. Then we found out it was a 3 hour race. I'm sore as shit, but actually beat a couple 2 man teams.

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

1A33EF58-9761-4D4C-A87C-58B167FFFD19.jpeg Sore as poop isn’t as bad as getting beaten by someone riding your old bike (2003 WR250F). Dude finished third in A class, on a shock that needs a rebuild, bad.

MikeR and Wheel Bearing like this.
  4. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

Was up there over the weekend as well. What trail system were you on? We rode most of the single track at Buffalo Mountain. Rode up 198 and that shit was ridiculous especially being a midget on an 07 450 xc. Fortunately had help from some awesome riders to make it through.

tropicoz likes this.
  5. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

We rode Rock House/Devil Anse mostly but got some Buffalo Mountain in on the last day.

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Ok, we're going to have to set a ride up one of these days. Go down there and raise some hell!

tropicoz likes this.
  7. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

We get a group of guys from the Northeast to go down every fall for a week long mancation. There was 16 0f us this year. We rented two houses in Gilbert and rode out to Matewan, Delbarton, and Man. Nothing but great rides and PBR!!

Attached Files:

8. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I finally threw together a vid about most of the race. It has NSFW language in a couple spots. Also, one of the riders is a novice.

DWhyte91, Canadian Bacon and Phl218 like this.
  9. Very nice, looks painful but lots of fun.

10. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

[​IMG]

Some riding the last few days up in Arkansas. Knarly! Rocks and more rocks.

Give me roots anyday over friggin rocks. At least I can go faster on roots knowing my knee cap won’t disappear if I go down at speed.

11. roy826ex

Group shot, yea I have the power to weight advantage among them. :D

[​IMG]

tropicoz likes this.
  12. roy826ex

Always time for a flat :mad:

[​IMG]

13. roy826ex

More rocks! :( If the water would have been up here it would have been deep deep!

[​IMG]

14. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Seen on the local trail riders’ forum.

69F9AA0E-C8C7-419B-B142-C5EE135349A7.jpeg

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's not good...

16. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Picked this up the other week, I forgot how much power these 450's have!

RenderedContent-84D3FC4F-FDA3-4C9C-813A-E58B3C8F902A.JPG

tropicoz likes this.
  17. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I was surprised at how good my 250 2s felt compared to a 450. I know they’re more powerful but it didn’t give me the feeling I thought it would. I was expecting to get my arms ripped off and my eyeballs touching the back of my skull but it was just a more tractable power. I liked the engine braking but I still love the brrAAAAAP from a little clutch dab on my 250.

18. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Finally finished these up. Lacing was pretty easy. Truing was a pain, but I figured 1/16” was close enough

Attached Files:

Phl218 likes this.
  19. Phl218

Phl218 .

Ripped up a few bald spots in the yard with the boy in the lap

Attached Files:

tropicoz, SuddenBraking and Knotcher like this.
  20. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Ok guys, I have an 01 YZ125. I got for pretty cheap. It's a great bike, but I'm getting my ass handed to me on taller hills. I know there are a few things I could do to it to get a bit more torque, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. With that being said, is it worth trying to sell it and dropping an extra 1500 into a bigger, newer bike; or should I just do what I can, for much cheaper, and be happy? Racing drains me as is.