Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

You and 99.9999% of the population. LOL

Sabre699 likes this.
  2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I don’t run tubliss anymore. I only run foams. Yes they are expensive but if you relube them often and cut and pack with old ones you can get some decent life.

I could see going melka’s route and practicing on tubliss though. I also think they have the best feel over a foam, even though I don’t mind that dead feel.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Any chance you can sneak one of those out the back door for me? You know, for research purposes:)

4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

One other thing about foams, yes there is an application chart for nitromousse and other brands. But it doesn’t mean it will fit or feel like you want. Maybe you like a few holes in a bigger foam in an IRC gekkota vs a spec size goldentyre foam in a goldentyre 232. You kinda want to find your different jams for different jams and stick with it.

5. RNYC

RNYC Well-Known Member

It’s great - and also there are limited places to ride... darkwater tracts has single track everywhere. Whole place is a free for all, rare in the Northeast. Worth riding. Look for the ribbons on trees, they mark out trails for enduros and hare scrambles. Watch out for morons on atvs and side by sides on the haul roads.

And it’s PA, so prepare for rocks, coal dust, and more rocks.

Fun stuff.

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Got the 2003 YZ250 woods bike project 99% done last night. Been a lot of late nights burning the midnight oil to get to this point. Did a full engine rebuild, all new suspension, all new bearings, new tires. It should be ready for a maiden voyage rip Saturday. This fucking bike has been a lot of work to get to where I'm at with it.

upload_2021-4-14_10-11-25.png upload_2021-4-14_10-12-5.png upload_2021-4-14_10-11-42.png

Attached Files: