1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bike dickheads…….??

Discussion in 'General' started by britx303, Dec 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Converting the old 03 YZ250 over to the ice setup this week. Wheel swap, ice fenders, rejet and clean everything

Attached Files:

jksoft, SpeedyE, Banditracer and 3 others like this.
  2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I have no doubt its d: All of the above hehe
    Mine is the polar opposite as its well behaved at small throttle openings in 2nd. There was no way to ride that one in 2nd. Even on the open fire roads it just didnt pull impressively either.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Picking up the klx140g tomorrow a.m. …….but I’m really out of touch with online parts etc for dirty bikes. I hear bikebandit is a no-go:p Where’s the go-to place for parts,etc. aftermarket or oem………who’s good? Doubt I’ll get anything done to it before the hare scramble, but should be interesting to see how it is stock, then go from there

4. TurboBlew

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
    britx303 likes this.
  5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

britx303 and TurboBlew like this.
  6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Don't overlook BBR Motorsports and TBolt USA.

Pretty much all parts prices you find across the board will be the same MSRP no matter where you go.

If you have a well-stocked, nearby store like a CycleGear, go there and pay cash to negotiate a discount. It will add up to a significant savings when you see just how much stuff is available and you're committed to buying it. Each individual CycleGear outlet seems to be stocked based on the local customer demographics. Yours may have nada, or...?

7. britx303

Klx140g is at its new home. She’s a cold hearted c*nt for starting in this weather. We ran it around our house course for a few minutes and Sizewise it feels fine for pulling me through the woods. I know it goes without saying but I’m going to anyways……….it makes me miss the grunt of my ttr225, almost to the point of regret. I just have to keep reminding myself it’s purpose was to give me something to run at the moment, but will serve more importantly as a backup for my daughter. Her bikes hours are really getting up there. We’ll get the hare scramble out of the way then decide on big bore, exhaust, intake etc. I like the noticeably lighter weight compared to the 225, but it’s the same size basically. A big bore etc combined with the lighter weight I know will be the better ticket if I was to run this for more than a random scramble.

Rising likes this.
  8. britx303

Just did an account and first order from rockymt. They had a great deal on new hand guards, a “cold start” rejet kit and other spare jets, air filter, new plug and some other odds and ends for the klx. Says it should be here by the weekend. Heck, even if it’s next week I’ll be happy since it’s the holidays.

9. britx303

And spent more time on the klx in between valve adj, carb replacement for her ttr125. The klx ain’t so bad really. Just need to plan ahead a little more for bigger uphills :D I will say, after so many years of racing old shit……..it’s really nice having something not so f*#%ing worn out for a change !!!!! :crackup:

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I've been buying from rockymountainatv.com (they added the mc fairly recently) for decades, since the mid 90s. They are a short drive away, so I'll typically do will call and go pick it up.
    Their building has had four major expansions just in the last 15 or so years, and they always have great service.

britx303 likes this.
  11. britx303

That is good to hear. Appreciate the feedback……..I’m getting so wound up to race again that it made me nervous ordering from a “new to me” place. :D

12. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

In experience with them the orders usually show up earlier than they say.

britx303 likes this.
  13. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Motosport.com is another option, Rocky generally has better prices tho.

14. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I let my local independent shop guy order all of my non-OEM parts he can, and Cam Roos gives me a great deal on everything I buy from his dealership. I want to keep them in business!

Spooner and Banditracer like this.
  15. britx303

I would do the same. I just don’t have a local shop around here. There’s been a couple fly-by-night shops through the years but they all were shut down or disappeared when they were discovered as chop shops

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  16. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I've tried to do this as well but it always seems like I'm just putting them out if I'm not buying something they already have on the shelf.

17. TurboBlew

"we can order that for you..." costing an extra trip sometimes 2.
    CG seems to eat all the indy shops lunch with available inventory. At least they stock DID 520 chains... one of the most common sizes.

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Rocky mountain and motosport are my go to ones.

19. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Brutal but true

1.JPG

2.JPG

5.JPG 310521747_791630142122237_5652743717234402602_n.jpg bikes x3.jpg boots randy.jpg b2.JPG b3.JPG b4.JPG b6.JPG

britx303 and TurboBlew like this.
  20. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production