1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv Moving question

Discussion in 'General' started by Trinity Rx7, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Trinity Rx7

Trinity Rx7 Well-Known Member

I am moving and cant get them out to install everything for a week due to their openings and my schedule. The people at the house had Directv and the dish is still there. If I just took my stuff over and hooked it up will it work since it should be getting the proper signal? Or does the equipment have to be properly paired to the dish to work? It would be nice to be able to have tv until they can come and "properly" install it.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Depends on how old the outside dish is...

Most of the new MultiLNB Dishes have a built in digital switch. If it's a newer oval DTV dish then you should be fine. Older RG cabling in the house can cause you issues as well.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

Cabling won't be an issue for a temp thing but if you're running HD stuff and it's an old dish you might have problems. Just see if the hookups in the attic/basement/wherever look the same as your current setup.

4. Trinity Rx7

Trinity Rx7 Well-Known Member

My current place has the oval hd dish that was installed about 2 years ago. The new place appears to have the exact same dish. I will take a box over and give it a try.

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

bet it works !!