1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between novice and experts

Discussion in 'General' started by 1fast929, Jun 14, 2004.

1. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

no...i am not much of a racer.

who are you in the real bbs we call life?

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

give me a break:rolleyes: .. not even a real podium (no offence), how does than relegate him to run with experts??

3. Geoff Doyer

Geoff Doyer Well-Known Member

There are others that have even better results last year that are racing this year in M.A. novices... :Poke:

4. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

I dont think those are the finishes....maybe the points standings.....?

At the first Nelson alone there was a 3,5,4,6,3,.....only beaten by current Experts

the second Nelson was even better with a win and higher finishes

5. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

I don't think he should move up. People should be looking at him as if this would be his year as a novice and next year as an AM. What is the big deal here?

6. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

7. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

Well shouldn't this years almost fast guys be next years fast guys?

8. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

My bad that was last years results......(hence he should have moved)

And the guys race stayed/raced with Jeff, Billy, Ben, Joe.....they are all experts now

I hate to point out one or two single guys.....But Mongo called my bluff and someone elses....

9. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Ahh but there is the problem as I see it. The almost fast guys stay novice even though they are ready to go expert (remember that lap times are not everything). Next year rolls around and they still are the almost fast guys because some new guys came along that are really fast (this is not always the case). If you have raced for a season then you should go expert if you are a consitent finisher. Why is it that people think that you are not supposed to move up until they have won races or a championship?

10. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

Check out the NE final points for last year.
    csb-4th
    css-3rd

11. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

How come speed differential hasn't been mentioned. If it is TOO dangerous for Mladin, Yates, the Bostrom's, Duhamel, etc. to find their way around guys like Rick Shaw (the most experienced rider to ever race Daytona), then why is it safe for the novice classes to have the largest speed discrepancy in all of motorcycle roadracing? Considering the novice classes are the least experienced, shouldn't everything possible be done to minimize the speed discrepancy in the most inexperienced classes?

The only options there are minimim lap times required to take the grid or bump the top end of the lap times to the expert ranks.

12. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

and of course bump the slow experts down...

13. Geoff Doyer

Geoff Doyer Well-Known Member

Seems to me that if more novices did track days before coming out to race we would have more competetive and far less dangerous racing.

14. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

Yup Geoff we talked about that, I'm with ya. It would be great to require everyone to do a certain number of trackdays with whoever in addition to the school before getting their license....

15. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

YOU are the one who invited the comaprrison in your first post about how you're so fast that you don't need to go to school...

...whatever. "Get real." That's rich.

16. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

Did you ever see how many crashes happen at most track days? The real answer is START WITH RACING A SMALLER MOTORCYCLE.
    But nooooo, how could any one have fun racing say a 125 or Aprilia RS250? It's not like those bikes handle well or anything.

:rolleyes:

17. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

Anybody who finishes in front of me is obviously working the system and should be an expert. ;)

18. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

yeah....what he said.

19. DMG

DMG Well-Known Member

That's what some of us were saying all along. :Poke: :D

-Dave.

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

wouldn't that require the rider to KNOW that they were going racing?
    i didn't buy my bike with the intention of racing it but...one thing leads to another and there you go. am i gonna sell my bike to buy a track specific bike? no. i'm gonna race what i currently own. i suppose that's the trap a lot of us fall into. then, after racing a bit, a decision to get a purpose built bike comes into play...don't ya think?
    so, some guy buys a bike for personal use, gets familiar with it, takes it racing only to find out they're in the meatgrinder and complains too many fast this or that. i hate it when i hear it but, that's racing.
    i believe that if someone is serious about racing, the fast trackday guy that doesn't compete in a full season is merely a disappointment when it comes to racing. that local hero will prolly dust your doors this weekend but, next weekend, they're gone. at the end of the year who has the points?
    i could bitch about a lot of race related issues...why bother? we're all in the same game.