1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DFW airport.

Discussion in 'General' started by 2Fer, Feb 24, 2015.

1. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I have a nearly 4 hour layover here. Anything interesting at any of the gates or good places to go eat. thanks.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Salt Lick @ Terminal A16 is some really good BBQ :up:

3. sdgers

sdgers Well-Known Member

Terminal D I think is the most modern with a lot of choices, shops, etc. I like Papadeaux, but forget which terminal it is in.

4. MrOgle

MrOgle I love college!

Cousin's BBQ

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They're in A also

If you're not sure what you're in the mood for 2Fer, here's all the places to eat, I just happen to have my favorite that I mentioned above :D

https://www.dfwairport.com/shops/finder.php?type=restaurants

6. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

It's in Terminal A, but my experience is that it doesn't taste like the stand alone outside of the airport. Still a decent spot to get a beer tho.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know, I can't think of a damn thing to do there. Been through there a few times but nothing stands out. Weird.

8. sdgers

sdgers Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's still airport food after all. :)
    It's not the bomb, but I like that it's a level below the gates and out of the rush and more calm down there.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I tried the Pad Thai at Ling and Louie's last time I was through DFW, it wasn't bad the food there. Decent mix of Asian cuisine, waitress was funny too :D

10. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Had ling and louies on the way out.

11. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Gas monkey has a bar and grill in one of the therminals

12. caferace

caferace No.

I hate hate hate DFW. It always seems like one of those rare times you're forced to go into a Walmart for something.

-jim

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I remember the first time I had a layover there. I nearly lol'd when I got off the plane and every jackass in the airport was wearing cowboy boots and an 11 gallon hat.

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Wish you woulda gone ahead and laughed...

15. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I gave Cousin's a couple tries because so many people said it was great I thought maybe I caught them on an off day...nope, that place just sucks :Puke: . If you're going to do BBQ make the walk to Salt Lick, not A fan of their mustard based sauce but they are light years ahead of Cousin's.

16. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

You can damn sure get some walking done there.

17. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I ate there once... pretty good stuff. Can't remember the terminal though.

My goto seems to be Chili's. Chips/ Wings appetizers with a decent beer to pass the time.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Believe me, I got plenty of chuckling in. The best laugh was my coworker who would actually dress the part when he was down there in hopes to fit in:)

19. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Don't laugh, they may take that as an opportunity to hit on you. Lots of fancy types wearing western gear in Texas metro areas.

20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Those are the ones I laugh at. Its pretty easy to tell the guys that wear the gear because that is how they have always dressed vs. the people who are wearing cowboy costumes. They are kinda like the "bikers" that only wear their Harley branded biker outfits on the weekends.