1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona points

Discussion in 'General' started by TWF2, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep - especially in a race as long as the 200. Hell, I could see no Q points and double for the event since it takes so much more from the riders and teams to do well than a normal race.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hey, if you can't put enough races on the calendar, you gotta start pretending there are enough events to make it look like a full championship. :)

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Would this even be an issue if there were more than five race weekends? Since there are only 8 or 9 races they'll have to do something to get the points count up and make it less likely there will be a tie.

Are they doing another single race at Laguna? If so I bet they award qualifying points there too.

4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Or short heat race for qualifying, at least they get points for racing.

5. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

That is the thing...the points are wrong and they are back farther than posted....

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed, that I could see (although I'd still go half points for a heat).

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Maybe next year they'll just draw finishing positions out of a hat for a couple of rounds?

9. tigert

tigert Well-Known Member

If I was Fong I would be so pissed right now. Bust your a** for a 4th finish, and you leave Daytona 8th in points.

10. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Nothing to be pissed about...he would have been been higher if he had qualified better. Same for everybody...

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

As long as the riders are made aware of the points for qualifying beforehand (not that they wouldn't want to qualify as high as possible anyway) then it really shouldn't be an issue.

12. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

That would be the team manager's job to know and make his rider aware...

13. tigert

tigert Well-Known Member

Ok, I get that. Still wouldn't change my feelings even if I knew, maybe slightly less pissed. Like when there is going to be traffic in LA because there always is, and you know it, I still get pissed sitting there cruising 5 mph.

14. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Wonder how long it will take for AMA to correct the screwup???

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

They have 2 1/2 months before the next round, I imagine that will give them enough time.

16. Tdub

Tdub Say what???