1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damn, Biaggi tossed some live fireworks inside the Ducati office floor!

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jul 19, 2022.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Daaaaang

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely no surprise at all. Ducati keeps a very close eye on their advantages per the rules.

4. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Is there a version that can actually be read?

5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Google chrome will translate it for you

stk0308 likes this.
  6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I didn't get what pissed Biaggi off to get this clusterfuck going....

7. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

8. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

TLDR:

In 2008 prior to the WSBK season starting, Biaggi tested the '08 Sterilgarda 1098RS and it was very fast. He was injured in the race2 crash and when he returned to the series for testing, felt the bike was considerably down on power (and revs) compared to the bike he rode in Philip Island. Turns out Preziosi knew that if multiple 1200cc Ducatis were winning, they would lose their advantage via the rules, whereas if ONLY Bayliss was winning, they could chalk up the dominance to his talent. Therefore, implying that these tactics show Ducati's 2008 title was a 'fraud'.

All that aside, this crap happens in racing ALL THE TIME. Whether or not Ducati had an unfair advantage in 2008 is arguable, and even if they did, sure didn't matter in 2009 lol. Each make/model will always have some inherent advantage over others and disadvantages in other areas. This is part of what makes racing great. True equal racing is spec racing and that's dull by comparison in my opinion.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It does happen - just like Kenny told his riders to wait until close to the end of the race to open up the GP bikes when they ran FUSA with us to make the show better.

However that doesn't remotely change that Max has every right to be pissed off they wouldn't give him a competitive bike and let the best rider win the championship.

10. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Oh I completely agree that Max is pissed. And it's shitty to hear when certain teams get sandbagged in order to not win, especially when he was given a better machine originally. But the factory is going to insure that their A rider or Factory team wins first and most, and not satellite teams. Shame.

11. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

He's also implying that Bayliss' championship is a fraud. He's danced around it, and tried to only smear Ducati(and his team of 2008), but Troy isn't going to avoid getting splattered too with this.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Saying Bayliss had the best bike isn't saying the win is a fraud, that was more the headline writers.

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Well, yes and no. If you agree that all Ducatis had an unfair advantage with their 200cc bump and the factory knowingly neutered them by cutting revs to avoid official attention, that's kind of an admission of guilt right there and therefore their whole championship becomes a fraud.

stk0308 likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I disagree.. Ducati did not run an illegal machine, therefore no fraud. Yeah they had an advantage but one or the other usually does, doesn't make any of them fraudulent.

Them playing games to keep the rules in their favor is just business.

15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Ok, it wasn't illegal, I'll give you that. But it would have been quickly if they had been running all bikes full steam, according to Max.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Biaggi can cry all day, night and millennium about it for all I care. When your teammate (Bayliss) steps UP to a wildcard ride in MotoGP and decimates the field for the victory by a landslide, you can't say say his talent isn't what is kicking your ass.
    Max, go home. You're whining.

Sweatypants, MachineR1 and FastByKids like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where did he say anything about talent and Bayliss?

Y'all are reading a whole bunch into this that isn't there....

Boman Forklift and ducnut like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well yeah, it would have become illegal, because the FIM would have noticed. Normal game played by any OEM with an advantage.

Boman Forklift, nlzmo400r and tophyr like this.
  19. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Eh. Spirit of the law vs letter of the law. They were definitely cheating. But, if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin.

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Who, Biaggi? How the fuck would I know? I'm just gettin' the gist of things from what I read here in this thread. :D