1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dainese D-Air Suit Knee Slider Question

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Tim_B730, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Tim_B730

Tim_B730 Active Member

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this strange question. My son is wearing a Dainese D-Air suit that was custom made, great suit and fit.

We noticed that Dainese reversed the velcro for the knee sliders so the "fuzzy" side is installed on the knee puck. I ordered some replacement Dainese pucks from RevZilla thinking I'm good but low and behold the "bristle" side of the velcro is on the puck.

Does anyone know where I can order the correct pucks, fuzzy side on the slider itself?

FWIW, I ordered the Pista Knee sliders and also checked Dainese website and nothing different is listed.

Thanks!

2. chrisplm

chrisplm Well-Known Member

They are available from some various sources. One that comes to mind is Bickle. They are out of Canada and can be made to order, just let him know you need the Velcro reversed.
    I've had really good results with his sliders, and he usually has a nice deal if you buy two sets.
    https://www.bickleracing.ca/knee-sliders?product_id=220

Tim_B730 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd contact Barnacle Bill or one of the other leather peeps and get the part on the suit swapped out.

4. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

I would contact Dainese at. [email protected] Ask them if this is standard practice for custom works for the knee sliders.. makes it difficult to buy standard Knee pucks for you At track..

You can also ask them to buy more pucks...

if you have to send it back for repack/repair you may want to ask them to swap that for the standard “fuzzy”on the knees to alleviate this problem in the future.

my Mugello has Fuzzy on the knees... FWIW.

Tim_B730 likes this.
  5. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

Astars does the same thing on the "racer" suits too. not that I can get one but I was bummed to find out I couldn't use the red astars sliders a buddy grabbed for me out of the truck at pitt race

6. WMRRA #22 - SH

WMRRA #22 - SH WMRRA #22

I know this thread is a bit old but I got some Alpinestars pucks that are fuzzy on the pucks themselves that don't work with my suit if anyone is interested. Brand new

7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Why would Alpine* do that? Its seems like over-complicating something that should be really simple

8. WMRRA #22 - SH

WMRRA #22 - SH WMRRA #22

Yeah I don't get it either. I could understand it not being standard across the industry but not standard within a specific company seems so odd.

9. Raging inferno

Raging inferno Well-Known Member

Dainese recently changed its suits so that the fuzzy side is on the slider, and the non-fuzzy side is on the suit. This is to reduce wear on the component that is not replaceable (i.e. the suit surface).