1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D208GP Pressure?

Discussion in 'General' started by Size9, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Size9

Size9 Well-Known Member

Someone in the Dunlop know help a newb out! I'm doing a track day at Jennings this weekend, and I am completely unfamiliar with the Dunlops. I'm told that they are American market models and I have a R1. What pressure is correct?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

will there be a Dunlop dealer/ tire seller at the track. If so, wander over and check the board (or ask).
    If not, well your question is a tough one to answer (weather, track temp, etc all play into what your pressures should be).

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

30/32 should be a good start.

4. Size9

Size9 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if Dunlop will be represented or not. I've always used Michelin and Pirelli, but these were too good of a deal to pass up!

5. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

If memory serves me correct (And that's asking a lot of my memory), baseline for the 208GPA is 31psi front, 29psi rear. Dunlop (at least this year, in my experience with running the 208's occasionally) always gives you the same pressure numbers.

Adjust from there on any given day based on wear. I usually end up less in the front, but the 29psi in the rear seems to be pretty spot on under most conditions.

- Roach

6. stuman

stuman Well-Known Member

31 front 29 rear is correct. I run them all the time on my ZX10R. If it's REAL cold you could drop a pound front and rear.

7. Size9

Size9 Well-Known Member

Thanks fellas!

8. corredor

corredor Member

Not to thread hijack, but is this the same Stuman from Keith Code?

Man, you and Will worked me big time in the last weekend of October during lunch. I was the corner worker on the red and black R6.

Yep: I concur, 31 rear and 29 front is the standard, but account for variations in the day. Oh yeah, measure them cold in the morning before riding!

9. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I'll go with dropping a pound in the rear if it's REAL cold but would leave the front where it's at.