1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cylinder Replating

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Luckystrike, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Luckystrike

Luckystrike Well-Known Member

Where do you guys get your cylinders replated at? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

2. Bill Cole

Bill Cole Well-Known Member

Millenium is a good source. Sorry I do not have the number for them. The important thing is to hve the cylinder measured afterwards. The deck height and bore will be differant in most cases. You may need to alter your base gasket size accordingly.

I recommend MCE racing to ensure that the cylinder is perfect. It is worth a few dollars more.

Bill Cole
    WERA#72

3. Wera#124

Wera#124 Well-Known Member

Got a set back last month from Mellenium.

Deck height is usually the same, (but I also always check). Bore has been spot on.

They do great work with a quick turn-around time. The website and number is on the back of this months RRW as one of Higbee's sponsors.

4. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

What about if you need a little repair before the cylinder is re-plated?
    I have a cylinder with a 1/8” x 1/4” chip taken out right by the exhaust port. It’s not very deep.

I was thinking about just sending it to Kevin Murray and having him go over it.

Also, where can you get a pipe fixed? I bent my pipe between the expansion chamber and the stinger, bent it back but now it is kinked.

5. Bill Cole

Bill Cole Well-Known Member

Send both to Kevin Murray. You will be very happy with the results. Call him first as he moved to a new shop.

Bill C

6. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I sent one to Langcourt in Alabama to be reworked. It has some major scaring and damage from a piston that totally decintegrated due to the bottom end bearing failure. They did and excellent job and had it back sooner than was told. Also you get a discount on repair work if it is your first order.