1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycle Jam 2020 at Road Atlanta canceled

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, May 21, 2020.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I lack self control so against my better judgement I'll engage - what exactly is idiotic about it? Do you think that masks don't work for their intended purpose (keeping others safe from your germs) or is your view that we don't need to contain people's germs to only themselves?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay this is just silly - exactly who is a lone corner worker standing in their station going to infect with anything?

418 likes this.
  3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

As well as the lone surfer floating on his board......or the hiker on the AT.....or rider on the interstate.....

VFR#52 likes this.
  4. SuddenBraking

Devil's advocate - the person who relieves them at their post for lunch, etc.

5. baconologist

:rolleyes:
    Super easy to change people at a corner and keep 10’ between them

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Devils advocate doesn't know corner workers. There is no relief for lunch, it's their post all day. If they're using a headset it would have to be wiped down with a sanitizer when it goes out and comes in at night.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All this is going to lead to is people who know what the job is saying we should require working corners to get your license... :crackup:

Before more jump in - there is absolutely NO logical reason to require a mask on a person standing effectively in the middle of nowhere watching bikes go by. Not even the most stringent germophobe could justify that.

418, JJJerry, VFR#52 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Germaphobe? Huh....

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I agree, but what happens when they go help a downed rider? No mask on the rider? EMT's , crash truck?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They'd put the mask on when coming into contact with another person, just as the crash truck would and emt's would and so on. No one is talking about that or if they're in the corner worker briefing or in line at the concessions stand. I said the specific instance noted was idiotic. SuddenBraking decided to argue the point for some goofy ass reason :crackup:

VFR#52 likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

They poke the down rider with a 10’ pole and ask if he’s ok.

If he doesn’t respond, a mostly harmless virus is the least of the down rider’s worries.

Jon Wilkens, baconologist and VFR#52 like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also, on top of all of that, at car events the corner workers do not go attend to the cars, especially on a track day. They just call for a truck.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Is COVID-19 transmissible over FM? :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh hell, imagine if a battery in the radio dies! :eek:

15. SuddenBraking

I think you gentlemen are overlooking that the virus can live on surfaces for a while...........that being said, having a discussion with people who've already got their minds made up is a waste of both of our time :beer:

upload_2020-5-27_13-58-3.png

16. baconologist

cdc changed their mind anout that

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have you ever even seen a corner station much less worked in one? What surfaces are you talking about?

As I said...no logic involved in this whatsoever :crackup:

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Thanks Obama. :rolleyes:

:crackup:

(Yeah, I’ll take the ban for the lulz)

(Fucking autocarrot)

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Meh, that's way more akin to Thanks Boomer or Thanks Karen than political :crackup:

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Thanks Moronial.

VFR#52 likes this.