1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cut Military; Waste 120 Billion on Global Warming....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tinfoil hat charly, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Does the F35 actually fly? Does our military actually have squadrons of these things, or do they just use the 3 units that actually work for all the publicity shots?

I thought it was just a long term corporate welfare program that would eventually be canceled.

Obama wasted a lot of money, but I don't think 120 billion can even buy one F35. Worst acquisition program in the history of the world.

I don't think we need 1 piece of shit F35, let alone 1400 of them. We should have just bought more F22s, the planes that actually flew and were delivered some time ago.

3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

the military is not being dismantled because of $
    even if we had a surplus of money, it would still get dismantled.

4. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Yup, get to see them fly and/or worked on almost everyday. Bad-ass fighting machine.

5. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

There are two at Hill now, with a full wing on the way...

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

No doubt they're capable aircraft. The program to buy and develop them was an absolute joke. What is the amortized cost of acquisition going to be when these planes are actually delivered? 200 million? I know it's high tech and awesome but that is ridiculous. We buy entire aircraft carriers for the cost of 40 of these things.

7. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

Is the $120 Billion spent on global warming even a real number, or did the distinguished Senator just throw that out there to support another agenda? (if he was from TX, not OK, I'd be even more skeptical) Not saying he did, but it wouldn't be the first bogus sound bite.

8. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I guess it would be based upon how many aircraft are actually purchased by the DoD and how many FMS units are pre-sold. To be honest, I never really kept up on all the development issues of the F-35. It was an different segment than what I was/am involved in.