1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossplane R1

Discussion in 'General' started by rowe748, Mar 27, 2014.

1. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

That's an awesome quote!

2. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I preached the revelation, and these brothas have testified to glory that is the first gen zx10r

hallelujah! testified!

hallelujah! testified!

hallelujah! testified!

Your god of a bike needs these to stop!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  3. Tractionless

Tractionless Well-Known Member

Someone asked, "how do they crash?" According to GMD Computrack, they've seen forks sheared off and the frame was fine. "You'll crack/break it before it bends and it takes ALOT to crack/break it!"

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I want a first gen ZX10R for my next streetbike. Green please.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^ This!!!

6. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

Crossplane R1, just the soundtrack is worth the price of admission...but everyone I know who has one says they are heavy, and underpowered...that being said for a street bike I would LOVE to have one. Race bike...not so much. Much rather have something I could crash and easily find cheap parts for...LIKE A GSXR. ;)

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  7. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I just built 2 more of those for the same guy. 2014 models.

My honest review of the bike and I have no track time on one.

The bike feels big when you sit on it because so much of the mass and size is to the front. When you ride it that all goes away. The motor is fantastic, not the biggest HP numbers but it pulls like a tractor. We put the Graves shorties on all of them and the sound is amazing. Ear plug mandatory loud but amazing. It's like a Ferrari raped a 69 Chevelle and the R1 is their mutant offspring. Its the only bike that actually made me giddy just blipping around town because of the sound. Brakes are fantastic, stock suspension is good. I think with some setup time its a serious street bike. I know theres large amounts of work that need to be done to put them on the podium at a race but for banging the canyons it's a kick ass bike. If I were buying a 1000 just for the street the R1 would be my choice but the Graves Shorty would be mandatory to keep the heat off my leg and ass. The stock exhausts cook you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XZGp5gPcl8

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  8. marshdrummer

marshdrummer Well-Known Member

I just wrote this long tutorial and lost it ugh.

Quicker version. It's awesome for track and street.

Musts: rear ride height - better handling, flash - de-restrict, start in 'a' mode, better throttle map to reduce twitchiness on on/off/on throttle, midpipe for heat., lower fan kick on temp

low mount exhaust, track plastics w/ superbike seat, lightweight battery, get ride of plastics = 40lbs weight loss. worth every penny. stock suspension is pretty good, penske triple/ak cartridges again - worth every penny.

track - super fun, street - the perfect street bike imho

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

For the longest time, I'd thought an RC-51 at full song with a nice exhaust was the greatest sound on two wheels.

Then the 2009 R1 came out.

Just as mean, but more refined......I crack down my windows and turn down the radio every time I see one on the street.

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

The R1 has a nice sound but to me the RSV4 wins in the sound department.