1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRF100 vs NSR50 vs other

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by gluvnaa, Feb 25, 2012.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I've seen some nicely built xrs run with the 450 super moto bikes in the turns. Only in the turns. Haha

2. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

The NSR is a blast on bigger tracks or the smaller kart tracks if your out there with other 2strokes, but on the smaller tracks mixed in with the 4strokes it can get frustrating with the torque of the 4s and the corner speed needed on the 2s.
    I agree with something I saw cam post or was in his signature that said want a fast rider
    then get them a slow bike (mabe not word for word, but to that affect). the nsr will teach you so much about corner speed that the 4strokes do not require. then when you swap to the 4stroke you have the corner speed covered and torque on call:)
    If I was only running kart tracks I would put a 4stroke in the nsr in a heart beat.

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I finally got my ysr running. The 4stroke lifan is pretty strong. I still need to jet the carb for up here (Calgary is at about 3200 feet and I am sure the stock jets are for much closer to sea level), run the valves and build a air snorkel of some sort. Not reall an air box, but I want to make sure that I am drawing cool air.

4. KneeScraper

KneeScraper I'm a new Dad!!!

I picked up a second-hand NSR50 that had never been started. The tits were still on the tires, the original unblemished cross-hatch still on the brake rotors, the exhaust/engine/frame/paint was perfect.

The bike was opened up out of the crate in late 2009 by the original owner. My son was conceived in the Spring of 2010, so I started looking for an NSR50. I found it in September 2010, about three months before he was born. No kid of mine is gonna be born into this world without owning a bike!

I'm sure he'll get a CRF50 or something when he is about 4 and I anticipate that sometime around 8 to 10 he'll be big enough for the NSR.

I probably won't even start it until he is ready to ride it.

They are out there, and no, mine is not for sale.:D

5. gluvnaa

gluvnaa Well-Known Member

lol, thanks for posting up! Check my other thread for a picture of my NSR!