1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Craziest pet you've ever had?

Discussion in 'General' started by britx303, Nov 24, 2019.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Me: Black Widow. Boxed it up yesterday. Absolutely fascinating to watch her. I threw a camel cricket in to see what happens,but so far nothing.They avoid each other. We have her in a clear cage on the kitchen counter top. Whatchall got?

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

3. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

/end thread

4. britx303

That was an easy one...........:D

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

A copperhead.

britx303 likes this.
  6. britx303

Cool..........but I hate snakes. An old friend of mine had a boa or python,I don't remember which or the difference,but it grew to well over 20 feet. He finally had to call a reptile rescue facility to come get it.One of my old metalhead buddies.Go figure:beer:

Metalhead likes this.
  7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

My next door neighbors in Louisiana when I was a kid had bees living in a hive in their kitchen wall. They had a pvc pipe to the outside, and the beehive was in a glass box. It was cool as hell.

GRH, turbulence, Banditracer and 2 others like this.
  8. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Catahoula, he ate through my garage door, my side garage door, the fence at least 10x.
    Would take random parts from my garage and I'd find them in the yard.
    Would run away every few days.
    I finally stopped looking for him and the neighbors would bring him back.
    I was kinda happy when he left one time and never returned.

9. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Had African Grey Parrots most of my adult life. They're funny as hell, seriously conversational. Mine likes to do things he knows aren't allowed, he'll say "Uh, oh!" when something gets dropped.

I was cleaning his cage last week and he went out on the bars reaching laterally to the table with a big tupperware bowl full of 1/2-inch protein pellets. He grabbed the tupperware and yanked it, pulling the lid off and spilling a gallon of the stuff onto the floor. Yells, "Uh, oh!" then reaches over and slings the empty container across the room.

He likes to land places other than his perches and tear/throw stuff--like mail or fridge-top stuff. Fridge top is his favorite. When he lands there I yell, "That's not for birds!" and whisk him away.

Heard him flap and stop, know he's on top of the fridge tearing into a big box of Little Debbie--bird sees me rounding the corner and yells, "Not for birds, Hahhaaa!" throws the box, "Uh, oh." and flies off....

They're characters, crazy smart... Practice the hell out of words and sounds, heard a weird semi-recognizable whistle for a few weeks, then, just in time for last football season, he whistles the "Daaaa-da-da-da-daaaaaaa" followed by "Go, Gators!" Does this whenever football's playing!

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I had a rattlesnake for one day; I
    was not allowed to keep it. I was
    3 years old at the time. It was a baby,
    we found a nest of them.

I currently have a woodchuck which
    I keep under my front precast steps.
    Two weeks ago I opened the garage door
    from the inside and he came around the
    corner of the house at the same time and
    tried to head into the garage so I blocked
    him with my left foot and he tried to go
    the other side of me so I blocked him with
    my right foot and he dodged again and I
    switched feet again and this went on for
    about 15 seconds whereupon he gave up
    and headed for home under the steps.
    I believe I have earned the Native American
    name Dances With Woodchucks.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Not really crazy but when I was probably 8 or 10 the place we lived in Mass. had alot of garter snakes around, used to see them all the time everywhere. Used to pick them up all the time. This was around 1970 when most everything was still in glass jars, had a big, probably 2-2.5 gallon glass jar for mayo or pickles etc. from a school or hospital. Filled it up with garter snakes, I don't know how many but alot, all it would hold. :D Then for some reason I was using it as a door stop to hold the screen door open on the porch. Big gust of wind came up, moved the door, the jar fell over, bounced down the steps and broke. Snakes everywhere. My mother was not impressed. :crackup:

britx303 likes this.
  12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Roommate had a boa and an tegu lizard in college. The lizards name was Mary Iguana, he was ugly as sin and would scare the sh*t out of chicks in the fraternity. Rosebud the snake was always just chilling out. At about 5 feet not a really big snake but she could do a number on a mouse. One time we put a hamster in, the hamster damn near killed the snake. After 5 minutes we figured the hamster earned his freedom...all gladiator like and such.

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Winner :crackup::crackup:

15. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I was going to ask if an ex girlfriend qualified....lol

Phl218 likes this.
  16. 418

418 Expert #59

/thread

Phl218 likes this.
  17. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Wow! I had a Black Widow when I as a kid! In a mason jar with holes punched in the top. Made a big egg and when the babies came out, by the hundreds, they could get out the holes. End of pet...

SpeedyE and britx303 like this.
  18. britx303

I’m always watching the webs in the barn and garage,but never see when they hatch.

SpeedyE likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

I had a tarantula in an aquarium for a high school sophomore biology project. Would feed it crickets and meal worms. Then when I was a senior I plasti-cast it in a mold for a shop class project. I still have It. LOL.

20. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Absolutely love those birds. I will have one soon.

trancework likes this.