1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crashed w/ my orange shirt - now what?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by rk97, Sep 6, 2011.

1. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I spun the rear out from under myself and ended my season. How am I supposed to proceed?

Can I just 'renew' my provisional license next year, or do I have to take the race school again? I have no problem doing 1 or even 2 more weekends as a PN, but I'd like to avoid paying for the race school if I can.

(if it matters, I wouldn't consider my crash a 'rookie' mistake. I didn't take anyone out, or affect anyone else's race - just got a little throttle happy and lost the rear.)

2. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

I believe you will just need to compete AND complete the races to lose the orange shirt. School is not needed again....

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Was it your first or second weekend? Did you finish any races other than the one you crashed out of?

There is not set policy for this stuff since the situations vary widely. One important thing to us is that you know why you fell - more important then the falling itself. The PN thing is merely to keep the shirt on and let other riders know to give you a bit more leeway/room as well as let them know you may make newbie mistakes, just like they did when they started.

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

My second weekend. I did 4 races my first weekend without incident.

I crashed out about 4 laps into my first race of the weekend this time.

Spun the rear in T2 (BeaveRun). I was feeling good and just got on it too hard I guess. The track was a little green there during practice, but I don't think I can really use that as an excuse for the race.

Kind of mad at myself, because I had moved up quite a few spots in those first 4 laps. I have no way of confirming, but my wife claimed I was in 8th when I threw it away. I have 1 other finish in that class (5th place?), so I was definitely gridded near the back (12th row, right). That sounds further back than it was though - 2nd wave, and I had an empty row in front of me.

I didn't look at my lap times, but I think I was turning pretty solid mid-pack novice laps.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just mail in your PN card to the office with a note saying I told you to.

6. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

7. tracaddict

tracaddict Well-Known Member

Second step is to get rid of those damn street tires and say hello to some ntecs! It hurts a little at first but then it's all worth it. On a serious note, glad your OK Chris. I should have a decent set of take offs I'll just give you if you want to race at Nelson.

8. SV Ray

SV Ray Grandpa Ray

Or you could switch to an SV and not have to worry about spinning up the rear :)