1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crashed again. FML

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Jun 4, 2019.

1. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Hole in my lung.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool, those will heal and we'll have to agree to disagree on the head :crackup:

track wagon likes this.
  3. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Damn man hope you heal up fast. broken ribs are no fun, been there done that. the rest of it sounds... worse.

4. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I think we can all agree on the head part ! (Buddy !)

A couple of years ago, a guy I know borrowed my “B” bike, and managed to go pretty well ...

5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I was leaning in this direction, with slop being created in the shift rods wreaking havoc on the behavior of the quickshifter (which I assume is in place here).

SBU put a video on their Instagram stories about a week back from a customer who had a pretty extreme case, but I think they were steel bearing inserts that were very worn.

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Sorry dude. Heal soon.

7. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I used them on my bike and ran into shifting issues that took me a little to figure out. https://www.mcmaster.com/8411k111 As the rod ends were heating up due engine heat they were expanding and causing the linkage to bind. I was getting missed shifts towards the end of a track session but not at the beginning. Seems obvious now in retrospect but I was scratching my head as to what the problem was. Put the stock rod ends back on and the problem went away.

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Get well soon, big guy. Laying in the hospital fucking sucks.

9. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Thanks guys they let me go home yesterday. Sitting watching all the racing I missed.

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Was it painful when they poked through your chest to re-inflate your lung? I remember that hurting me more than the accident when I broke my ribs and collarbone.

socalrider likes this.
  11. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i had (2) chest tubes this year during the same hospital stint (non moto related) and the tubes were by far this worse part.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

13. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

It could possibly not be the rearset's fault. The position of your foot on the peg could be the culprit. The left hand turn is where this phenomenon is most likely. Your boot can press on the shift linkage (not the lever) and be causing the shift that you are assuming is a popping out of gear situation. I think Vortex sets are more apt to this scenario. I had similar trouble and figured it out at the track by moving my left foot slightly when wedging the boot on the peg for the left hand corner. When you get healed up you may want to play with foot position. Just a suggestion based on my experience. Feel better soon.

track wagon likes this.
  14. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

They didnt have to do that to get mine back up. It was an opition tho.

15. Eh, that shit will heal. More importantly, how is the bike?

:D

pscook and track wagon like this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I did that one time on a straight. Full throttle and my toe out just enough pressure on the lever to engage the ignition cut. It scared the shit out of me and about threw me over the front of the bike.

17. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Bike isnt to bad..... clip ons....body work....new rear rim.....and new exhuast can.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I can help with “de-trailering” that ZX. Might make it easier to let you get a better look at it.

track wagon likes this.
  19. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Thanks Tony. We will probably do it at Cams.

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That really sucks. Heal up quickly.