1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CR500 Supermoto

Discussion in 'General' started by onepusher, Mar 1, 2014.

1. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

2. jboyd12

jboyd12 Well-Known Member

thats a sweet bike, I would love to build one but the prices are so high for a beater

3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Wow. That thing is excellent.

4. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Nice build, do you know the guy building it? I could give him some pointers on how to get rid of the vibration those bikes have. I have a 98 250 Framed 500cr. and going to build a 2000 cr 250 framed 500 flat tracker soon. Nice bike and will make a cool bike to ride.

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V-6

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

that is sooo bad ass.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Love it! 500's are the most awesome bikes on the planet!

7. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

Assuming that those are four-stroke silencers (as I believe them to be), how would that affect power, or would they not?

[​IMG]

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

From what I understand about 2 stroke pipe design, you would end up losing some bottom end torque but depending on the porting, you may get it back up top.

9. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

It would be a noticeable power loss. Not to sure if it is for looks or another thing to throw you off. Id just block one off and make it look like this for looks. The longer silencer will give you more bottom. I shorten mine on my 500 and its will let you know its different!
    Mines 89 motor in a 98 chassis. They make about 65 to about 70 depending on your motor work. The hill climb guys go all out on these motors. Truly unreal what they do to them. But there NUTS to begin with. LOL. My next one will be 2000 chassis with an 90 motor for flat tracking and motarding. I love these motors.

10. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Taffy has built some sick bikes.

This 500 is simply insane!

11. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Man had mad skills! No doubt about that. thanks for sharing this link. Make us want to take out bikes to another level just to be near his bike.

12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I've never heard anyone mention a CR500 and no crazy vibration while implying the two could be said of the same bike? How is that possible?

On the flip side, has anyone tried a build based around a Suzuki LT500R motor?