1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry, haven't been on here since Tuesday, had to go hang out at a docs office with infected people yesterday :D

2. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Well, considering his next post was literally full of mortality statistics, I think you (and I) were wrong. :)

3. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Still heading to FL for spring break on Tuesday. Planning to spend 2 days at the Disney parks on 23rd/24th too. Will be interesting to see how they respond to all this beyond the extra cleaning they are doing now. I would not be surprised to see them overreact just like everyone else.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's certainly not the first...or last time...for you.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Different response to different things but they are tied together to an extent when talking about the panic.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You gonna die before you destroy motorcycle road racing!!! :D

7. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Jump in...the water's fine.:D

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Rick thought he was wrong once but he was mistaken.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's a burden that pains me greatly.

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Aussie for a small truck?

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I had that happen to me once. :crackup:

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You think prepaying will put you on the pyre, you don’t unnastann prepay.

You’ll be the last on the pile after all the new customers are bled of their cash.

Sucka! :D

16. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Got this from another board:

Stanford hospital board internal message.
    The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late. Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning. Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection. In critical time, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air. Serious excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases: Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That's very dangerous. Please send and share this with family and friends. Take care everyone and may the world recover from this Coronavirus soon.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - CORONAVIRUS

1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold
    2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
    3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees. It hates the Sun.
    4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
    5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
    6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
    7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
    8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
    9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
    10. Can't emphasis enough - drink plenty of water!

THE SYMPTOMS
    1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
    2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
    3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
    4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.”

Quicktoy, David-imoddavid and SpeedyE like this.
  17. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

The virus mimics a protien, a protien that is more needed the older the body is....thats why it is age biased. The older you ARE, THE MORE OF THE VIRUS WILL BE PULLED IN AND ASSYMYLATED BY YOUR BODY. yOUTH HAS NOTHING TO FEAR W/ THIS VIRUS. ACCIDENTAL CAP LOCKS

18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's it, they just suspended the NHL

I'm out

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Calm down. Let's discuss this. There are still things you can live for. Plan a cross-country bike trip with your son. If you still want to check out when you return, you have my full support.

20. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

Word on wsb this morning was 150 million loss to Atlanta due to cancellation of the final four

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.