1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Interesting test last fall. Had mine pumped for the 1st time since I built this home. ~18 years. Shit man couldn't believe that there were almost no solids in all that time. We have used AB soap for years. I could not believe that tampons could not be found either. It was a good day.

The best thing I did was to dig a separate washing machine gravel filled hole, after the septic inspector left. That's the best thing that you can do to help your shit box.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

^^^THIS ^^^

3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I have a friend who has the flu today, or so she says. She won't go to the Dr. I guess we'll only know for sure if she gets so sick that she has to go. Lots of people like that.

4. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

So if you have no idea what the true number is, how can you be pretty sure it isn't much different than the normal flu virus?

418 likes this.
  5. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Big facts.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think he was talking human behavior, not mortality statistics.

ineedanap likes this.
  7. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

OK, that makes sense.

8. auminer

Logic and reason, possibly?

Look, when this all washes out, and we're looking back on it, we'll realize that there were a lot of experts who were proven wrong. Which ones? I'm betting it'll be the ones that have made their living from fear mongering like that Dr. Peter Schiff that was on Joe Rogan.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Here's some math for you from CDC estimates which is not pure data but gives you an idea...

34-49 million get the flu - only 16-23 million go to the doc and are tested for it.

350,000-620,000 get hospitalized. Deaths from normal flu are 20-52,000.

So that's 3% on the lowest possible end and 15% or so on the high end of those hospitalized die.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same no matter which flu it is. That's why the mortality rate is so silly to even look at right now. Hell, they only have estimates for total cases of normal flu as the vast majority of us don't bother with a doctor for it.

11. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

Looks like that site is being overloaded.
    Here's another that's pretty up to date

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_coronavirus_pandemic_by_country_and_territory

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and was there preexisting conditions that "helped" with the death via the flu? Heart condition, COPD. . .

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because it seems as if even of those who have been tested and shown to have it their symptoms follow the normal flu for people of their age/health. At this point there is nothing other than that to base severity on. Nursing homes have been hit by the normal flu just like this one. Normal flu spreads the same way. Cruise ships are always hotbeds of viral infections although usually it's norovirus.

I am not stating any absolutes. However at this point the panic has no basis in reality. Common sense virus avoidance absolutely makes sense but there is a huge difference between an abundance of caution and full on panic. This has gone to full panic.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Haven't heard of a single death yet that was of a healthy person with no underlying conditions. Even amidst their fear mongering the media has repeatedly been surprised at the lack of deaths in younger kids.

15. auminer

Hmmmmm.... You'd think that someone would have posted a very similar analysis already..... o_O

:D

16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm hoping my kid gets her final scrimmage in tonight before the entire regular season goes sideways. :D

18. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

My youngest son had a outdoor soccer tournament scheduled for this weekend and they just pulled the plug on it. Older son has a tournament next weekend but I have a feeling that is not going to happen either.

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Mine is separate, I also put some good bugs in the toilet once a month.

jrsamples likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We're holding our big annual yute tournament this weekend. a lot of cash goes to charity from it and as of a few minutes ago, it's still on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.