1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

They are starting drive thru testing tomorrow in my area as long as you get orders from your primary physician. I'm going to call my doc tomorrow and see if he will give me a script to get the test. I'm interested in seeing if the funk I had was COVID-19.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So I've been watching how this is all affecting the airlines. Read something today that said this crisis could bankrupt the big three by May, and these guys are definitely wanting bailouts.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-spent-96-of-free-cash-flow-on-buybacks-chart

Is it pretty much a given that if/when the FED bails these scumbags out most of that money is going to end up right back in the pockets of the high ups just like it happened with the bailouts of the financial industry?

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I find that hard to believe, but I'm willing to take the job acting as a disinterested third party.
    Just for the amusement factor, you understand.

"Pull the plug, Doc, time to feed that bastid to the lobstas!"

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Doubtful, they have massive operating budgets. It’ll just be a way to push off bankruptcy another few months.

5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Airlines got bailed out after 9/11 and I think they got a kick when the economy was in the shitter and Obama did the stimulus package. If they couldn’t save and manage for another catastrophe then that’s capitalism.

6. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

And make yourself easy.

Sprinky likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well they've been driving their stock prices up by buying back shares over and over as it looks like. So if they want to generate capital they should just do what other companies do......sell their stock.

Pride & Joy, 23103a and Quicktoy like this.
  8. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

This is over blown according to a friend of mine. He and his wife who are both a nurse. They’re heading out with the camper trailer headed west during all this.

I told him don’t come to my house in two weeks when you get back. Local hospitals where they work probably will not let either one back in. They are checking temps and you must fill out a questionnaire before entering for work. No visitors!

Weird thing is a week ago he was blowing up my phone with the sky is falling media shit and about to build a bunker. I think all this is we don’t want to be nurses right now and we are leaving. Meanwhile my wife who’s in healthcare on the front line is going into work regardless. I’ll probably get it before those two flight risk get it.

I can work from home the company arranged all this over the weekend. I have not done it because hell everyone’s gone at the office it’s pretty safe for me now I’m the office with 3-4 other guys and we are all far apart all day long,

9. Doesn’t surprise me.

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

She's got a 17 year old that just got put on a vent, not likely corona as they have a diagnosis already, but they're screening for it. Long day for her as she's supporting mom too. Was pissed at her co-workers yesterday when she found out nurses over the weekend had been spending as little time as possible in the room. Mom started crying when she brought her a toothbrush and toothpaste. Said it was the nicest thing anyone had done in three days. She'll be kicking asses if that attitude doesn't change. She's not a supervisor but no one messes with her either, docs, first lines etc..... Told a resident last week that she wasn't going to do what the doc wanted as it would likely kill the patient. Resident finally left and didn't come back, head doc showed up about 20 minutes later and modified the orders. :).

She got mono not long after we met, I was working in microbiology and they all said I'd be getting it. She was sick for nearly 6 months, I never got it. Got my first flu shot this year she said since I was turning 60 she wasn't giving me a choice. :) She's had the flu a couple times in the past 10 years. I might get a runny nose, that's about it. We worry about her dad, 85, smokes, drinks, and makes a morning lottery ticket/cigar run every day. He'll probably get it at some point.

11. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Florida schools just got cancelled until April 15th.

12. I know that, I was reposting to your statement that they have one, I also have a lot of things I’ve invented but haven’t had the time to prove them out. This stuff all takes time and a lot of it, that’s the crappy part.

13. From all that I could find and at least try to sort through fact or fiction I gather that to be the case as well. Hard to get straight facts on anything.

14. But there’s still a ton of fuck tards on the beaches.

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hey @rob linders , I'm really sorry to hear that Tyler's involved with this and across the country. I know you and your wife are probably very worried and upset being so far away and feeling helpless. Good thoughts coming your way. Hope you all are well and I hope this stressful situation is over soon for you.

bigtime and Quicktoy like this.
  16. Bombshell 2. Covid-19 kills global population except Keith Richards is still alive

Phl218 likes this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup, frustrating.

I have no doubt that there's likely bureaucracy and time wasting red tape that could also be optimized out of the timeline to speed things up further, i.e. not things that would sacrifice quality and safety, just pointless stuff that slows up the process......hopefully they got the Bob's on the job to eliminate some of that stuff for this.

[​IMG]

Pixelator likes this.
  18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

We are still working. I am guessing that they figure the asbestos and other hazardous items have not gotten us so what is a little disease.

baconologist likes this.
  19. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Right dumb dumb shit. Spreading the virus. You would hope that natural selection took over the sharks appeared at the beach.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.