1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well I'd say it's time for a world war but if people can't get out of the house due to the threat of illness they certianly aren't ready to get out to fight an actual war.

TurboBlew and 418 like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Some have already taken up arms against foreign invaders.

Island boys are a different breed...

casjoker likes this.
  3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fucked if I know. Our hillbillies are surrounded by salt water? :confused:

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

You can easily tell who has kids at home based on post length here.

I call tl;Dr on all you mofos

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Worked for Joe Diffie back when. China Flu got him. Saw that John Prine is on the ropes.

7. baconologist

Anyone checked on Keith Richards?

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

He's probably been rolling up used face masks and smoking them all week.

Spang308 likes this.
  9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That dude eats beerSARS with a side of ebola for breakfast, then mainlines a teenth of Marburg.

Ain't no flu bug gonna kill him.

10. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Update on my friend: released from hospital today, still fighting pneumonia, has an oxygen tank if needed. NO treatment drugs used, only symptom drugs. Mid 30's, non-smoker, not fit, bar owner of the diviest of dives.

baconologist likes this.
  11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

12. It’s going to be up to him and Betty white to repopulate the earth.

baconologist likes this.
  13. baconologist

does his bar allow smokers?

14. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

15. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Here's the 12mil report cover that you can 3-hole punch to make a basic shield. My coworker says his research is that anything 8mil or thicker should work.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FY2CV9H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I recall reading something a little ways back talking about the 1918 pandemic. Mentioned that while tragic and a great loss of life, the people who survived the virus were some very robust folks and lived some very long lives. In other words they speculated as to whether surviving the virus somehow tempered their bodies and made them more resilient for all the decades that followed.

Not specifically about that above, this is an interesting article. Thinking about people pondering how long antibodies for COVID-19 could last in the body.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...-find-long-lived-immunity-1918-pandemic-virus

"A study of the blood of older people who survived the 1918 influenza pandemic reveals that antibodies to the strain have lasted a lifetime and can perhaps be engineered to protect future generations against similar strains."

17. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Well, that's kind of how nature is supposed to work....boy could get really political about that. Certainly it might be said, that the people who get this and survive, are strengthening the gene pool of the species. We're definitely overdue for a culling.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

19. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

"One of the authors of that study, Jamie Lloyd-Smith, a UCLA infectious disease researcher, said it's possible that the forceful breathing action of singing dispersed viral particles in the church room that were widely inhaled.
    "One could imagine that really trying to project your voice would also project more droplets and aerosols," he said."

Makes sense. I just hope that folks in areas not yet affected take reasonable precautions based on this sort of lesson learned. Having a bunch of folks get together to sing is definitely not within the current 10 person guidance so that's better than the beginning of the month.

Gorilla George and G 97 like this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

The common cold can spread just as easily when people don’t follow proper hygiene protocols.
    Environmental conditions can also greatly impact this.

Here are some other examples of infectious diseases that can occur and spread when people don’t follow proper protocols:
    What are the most common skin diseases associated with wrestling?
    It is impossible to say whether or not all wrestlers will have any or all of these at times in their career, but the most common diseases include (links below include photo examples):
    Why are skin diseases so common in wrestling as opposed to other sports?
    Well, it’s pretty obvious that wrestling has more one on one contact with opposing players than any sport. It is possible to have one wrestler spread a skin disease to the entire team.

What are ways to prevent spread of skin diseases?
    • Thoroughly sanitize and disinfect all wrestling mats before and after use
    • Practice good hygiene, and encourage everyone to wash clothes after practice
    • Attempt to clean wrestling room and allow for air flow (bacteria and viruses thrive in hot, moist and dark enclosed environments)
    • Better to err on the cautious side-have every potential skin disease checked by a doctor or healthcare professional

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.