1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Yep, I got the memo this evening from Corp HR to work from home UFN.

I've spent the last few days working to get as many as possible working away from the building, to protect those who *have* to show up to get things done. We are hoping to get 50-70% of our department working remotely for a while.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

3. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Cuomo at his best,Fn mobster

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I think people are forgetting where they are. Must be the virus.

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

6. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

CFR 1904 Record Keeping regulations. Led a zoom meeting on this the other day. If an organization remains open during a pandemic, they are legally liable if an employee becomes ill with it. They also cannot default to the argument that it was not work related without an exposure risk analysis showing they had negligible exposure. It has huge liability ramifications.

7. YamahaRick

Bingo!

8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

What about us small business owners. Am I to let my employees go this week for liability reasons?

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Just execute them. Cheaper in the long run and less prison time ;)

Fonda Dix and Quicktoy like this.
  10. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

If true, it seems like the perfect solution to a strained social security system, not that I believe in conspiracies.

11. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

It’s complicated... feel free to pm me and I can send you some info tomorrow.

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Thank you

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Less toilet paper, too.

14. YamahaRick

Their per capita consumption is an issue that needs to be addressed.

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

16. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

17. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

*ding*ding*ding*

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

[​IMG]

Phl218, 418 and scottn like this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Had a friend from the Beeb text and ask for an update so here goes:
    1. Tyler still has a fever, it was 99.7 yesterday, and is staying quarantined in his room.
    2. We asked him to buy a thermometer to test himself and like most men he doesn't want to go out of the house and deal with it. He said, "I'm reading most people that get this have mild cases, so I don't plan on buying one, unless I feel much worse."
    3. Tyler is hugely anti-drug, so....he hasn't purchased or taken anything for this and said it isn't too bad yet.....most likely a mild case. When he got in that bad racing accident at Road America and didn't walk for 6 months, he was on Dilaudid and some other stuff, and got off shortly after our drive from Wisconsin to S. Cal. He wouldn't take the pain killer, aspirin or anything, and said he would rather feel the pain versus being drugged out. He must have a high threshold for pain, I sure don't:D.
    4. Unfortunately his roommate is much worse and was having trouble breathing so he went in yesterday and got tested.
    5. Don't have his roommates results yet, but will update here when I know more.

cav115, Montoya, bigtime and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.