1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yep, even birx said so in the press conference yesterday.

2. How is any of that self-righteous. That doesn't even make fucking sense.

He tried to argue the same thing earlier. Myself and several others told him how it works, why we don't have immunity, and I believe provided links backing up such. It was done. We moved on. Now days later he comes back and tries to argue the same shit. I told him weve already been through that.

How in the flying fuck is that self-righteous?

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

let's look at it this way.

the virus is an accelerator.
    and also an invisible one. considering the demographics on here, it might get interesting for some.

let's say, everyone gets it. ok, most people get away with mild symptoms, but if you are over 50, it might get a bit complicated. you go to your doctor or straight to a hospital. problem is, there will be many more of your age group and up already there, gasping for air.

we can argue as much as we want how bad it is or not, if we are at the start of the exponential curve, how steep the gradient will be and who would want to dig mass graves.

if we are lucky, staying at home might help and the country will recover.

if unlucky, the virus keeps mutating and this shit will go on forever.

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Other than transmitting it to family, friends and unsuspecting strangers who might not be so fortunately predisposed.

Slider82, HPPT and OGs750 like this.
  5. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

See what happens when you close down the dungeon? Now the beeb is just as bad as Facebook

baconologist and speeddaddy like this.
  6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Even worse the virus isn't perfectly round.

In Your Corner likes this.
  7. If nothing else, avoiding people/events/etc at least makes it so everyone doesn't get sick at the same time. We can only care for so many people at once. Many people being in isolation for 2 weeks means that is 2 weeks others have to recover, and free up beds/machines/care takers.

sheepofblue and pscook like this.
  8. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Yes.

"It doesn't make a flying fuck how many people are killed by the flu, strokes, cigarettes, or fucking shark attacks. That is all completely irrelevant."

9. That's the worst part about it. :crackup:

10. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

This part.
    Your opinion on how it works. Others have opinions that differ.

418 likes this.
  11. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Found it .... :D:crackup::crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. Oh FFS. Do you have even a slight ability to read in context? Or are you perfectly aware of what I meant, and just chose to isolate a certain part of it for the sense of arguing?

Go back and read my post again. Understanding that I am talking about what needs to be done to prevent the spread of this virus. How many people die from other things is irrelevant when it comes to doing what needs to be done to stop the spreading of this virus.

I thought the "mall shooting" example would have laid that out for you.

Saying "we shouldn't be cancelling events, because more people have been killed by heart disease" doesn't make sense. Just because more people die of something else, that doesn't mean we shouldn't do what needs to be done to keep people from dying of this. I really shouldn't have had to elaborate on that.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Delicious irony is delicious...

motoboy likes this.
  14. It wasn't just me. It was several others that agreed with me, and also proved him wrong. Hell, I even linked a definition for it explaining how it works; I reckon Webster is based off my opinion also?

Links have been provided stating how this virus is not a human virus like influenza; it is an animal virus that mutated to make the jump to humans...therefore we have no immunity to it. That has been discussed (with links) multiple times, since the beginning of this thread.

I reckon the British Immunology Org and Johns Hopkins are based on my opinion also.

https://www.immunology.org/public-i...athogens-and-disease/immune-responses-viruses
    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/the-immune-system

The way our immune system works is the last thing we need to be debating. For someone to continue arguing it, after having been proven wrong many times, is just asinine.

15. 418

418 Expert #59

Then maybe if you're at high risk you're the one that needs to stay in quarantine? Crazy concept, eh?

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The numbers do matter and unless we see an order of magnitude up tick in corpses this week then this is still a massive over reaction to it. The only reliable numbers at this point is the dead bodies. Every thing else is speculation and in most case hysterical speculation since we aren't testing everyone. All we are doing is mitigating the number of people headed to the hospital at once. There will be a vast majority that walks around with it that never gets tested or counted so the math being done is faulty as the numbers being used are faulty. That connection to the heart disease number is simply stating that unless this thing gets to work offing people in the US in rapid fashion that people are worried about a death rate considerably lower than one that exists in the country every year.

cav115, speeddaddy, 418 and 4 others like this.
  17. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

If the travel part is true, no wonder Italy is suffering.

that flight connections between Wuhan and Milan may be the source of the early coronavirus outbreak in the European country, which currently has the highest death rate of any nation affected by the pandemic.

"None of us, at least I didn't know that there were 100,000 Chinese [people] living in northern Italy and that many of them come from Wuhan and that there was a flight between Milan and Wuhan," Gingrich explained.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/newt-gingrich-italy-south-korea-coronavirus
    "We think that's how the virus got Italy early," he added. "I

https://www.foxnews.com/media/newt-gingrich-italy-south-korea-coronavirus

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

woosh.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

and then there was the New York Fashion Week

with designers from Italy and Producers form China

;)

20. tzrider