1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could you shoot a pistol accurately when scared shirtless? :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Dec 28, 2011.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Agreed on all counts Chris. My point was in reference to shooting at a human to call a spade a spade. You and I have had the training. And you are correct, no amount of training will prepare you for it.

Although the Sims have helped us because..... Well..... Those things fucking hurt. And will teach you to find cover and proper tactics. Although you still know you are not really being shot at. When that happens.... Most of the time all that shit goes out the window and you rely on instinct and training.

I am lucky to have been trained by some of the best in the world all over the world. So my experience is more than a lot of the LEO's out there.

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

All I know is I'm pretty good with most any firearm, but that night I was scared as shit. Alarms, dogs, drills aside, I don't know how the real shit woulda went down. I don't ever want to know.

3. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I love sims. Anybody with dreams about how their concealment is actually cover gets called right out :D

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yep it's crazy how accurate you can be. But also crazy how inaccurate you can be when you have an adrenaline dump. Hence the 200 jumping jacks, it doesn't exactly simulate it, but it gets your heart rate up.

5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I smell bacon......:D

6. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

So does this mean I get to shoot my wife's cat with an airsoft gun if she bites my feet in the middle of the night?

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Pretty good with most firearms is fine. But like you said, when you are scared as shit a lot of that shit is out the window.

I am very good with any weapon, well except for a damn MK-43 I sucked at that but a regular M60 I was perfect and any other weapon I have ever picked up before I have shot "Expert" no matter how long I have handled that weapon, first day or 5 years.

But I still miss when put under pressure, although I hit what I am aiming at 95% of the time (24/25 lets say) I still miss. And I have shot literally 10's of thousands of rounds trough many different weapons.

For your application Chris I would say, get an alarm, get a dog, get a shotgun with 7 shot, and go shooting. When ever possible do not just stand there straight on an shoot a paper non moving target.

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Perfectly ok in any situation lol

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm did somebody say bacon!?!?!?!?

9. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I can barely hit a deer when it's standing still in a plowed cornfield.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Yep. Not sure I'd like to do carry permit training with live ammo while giving a real world adrenaline dumping scare tactic. We'll save that for the Airsoft classes. :up:

Depends on if you want an ex-wife in the morning. :crackup:

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

With a Scope!!!

:D

12. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

Yes! As said already, training while fatigued, using sim rounds, shooting while stressed, and shooting in a low light environment are great ways of honing your skills. Using more realistic targets instead of the circle target help a great deal.

We use the UTM rounds for training. You just replace the bolt in your existing weapon which helps with muscle memory. And those little f@ckers hurt.

13. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

This is why I leave the shotgun next to the bed and not a pistol. Im pretty sure I could hit what ever needed with buckshot :D

14. Putter

I took off my scope two seasons ago (we can only hunt shotgun in our area). It seemed like every shot I took was was in a wooded area with the deer running away from me so the scope didn't help. Of course since then I've shot two at about 75-100 yards out in the open. It will take me awhile to realize that I am just not very good at this stuff.

15. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I get all gimped up every time I shoot a deer. I bowhunt 99% of the time, and still wonder how I hit shit while so pumped. Yet I've killed 40-50 deer with my bow. The rifle is no challenge any more.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Ya killed the damn thing and stuffed it in your freezer, didn't ya?

Sounds like you were "good enough". :moon:

17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Hahahah Sounds like me working on bikes! But I still do it :D

You have a little girl now, and maybe neighbors. Get 7 shot...

Time to jump on dem suckas Rambo style with a Knife!!

I've always wanted to shoot a bow. Never really had the chance.

JP636---- yep those are what we use for Sims.. I have a couple of scars from them.

18. Putter

It's shotgun where we hunt and we have to work for it. Mile long drives through shit that I wouldn't walk a foot into on a normal day. Cattails, switch grass, densely wooded areas and sloughs. Our family and the same group of farmers have hunted the same land for three generations now. I have seriously been looking at purchasing a bow and sitting in a tree all day. That thought sounds better every year.

19. Putter

8 deer for 12 hunters this year. I got one, my dad got two.

20. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

^ I've got about 30 of 'em sitting in the front yard right now. Feel free to come on by and take some - seriously!

[​IMG]

(This is an older pic but shows what we've got roaming around here)