1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CotA MotoGP Round

Discussion in 'General' started by Jason P., Apr 17, 2014.

1. Jason P.

Jason P. Well-Known Member

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Great pics! Any crumpet?

3. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Very cool write up. I've always found it tough to take great photos when so much action is going on, great job. That overcast sky made for some nice photos.

One little note, in the blog you mentioned:

'I promptly looked up how much it would cost to actually buy a Moto3 bike and it was only a cool $16,000."

I think you mean the engines are $16K, for Dorma set a max engine cost of 10K Euros.

For the whole bike, you want to multiply that a few times over, then double it for spares. KTM's customer 250 (a few steps below Moto3) retails for 44K Euros. I read that Honda's customer 250 was $35K U.S., but I'm sure the ones in the top 10 cost way more than that.

Still, way cheaper than the $100K 125 2-stroke Aprilias from a few years back.

4. Jason P.

What is a crumpet? :(

Thank you for the clear up! Soon as we saw Moto3 FP1 I asked my friend to look it up, his quick response was 16k, I did think it was cheap but hey by your calculations they are def cheaper than the Aprilia options.

I also agree on the action:photos ratio - I did snap around 500+ photos and videos which I will do sound clips later on of, but definitely way too much going around. Tried to enjoy and soak it all in while getting a photo here and there.

Some of the Umbrella girls:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

few more here: http://jasonphan.wordpress.com/2014/04/18/everyone-wants-an-umbrella-girl/

5. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

There's your answer... ;)

6. Jason P.

LMAO :up:

Had to save the not really 'great for blog post' photos on my mbp :rolleyes: