1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COTA Moto GP 2013

Discussion in 'General' started by povol, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Give it up already.

2. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

give up what? I really think the kid is talented and is great and all that. But...... making a deal about the youngest win while not mentioning the rules were broken to allow it seem disingenuous.

3. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

I went to T15 today, of course you need more than a GA ticket to get in the grandstands. I can't afford $900 a ticket to site in the grandstands. ended up watching from the T6-7 area, could see 3-7, end of back straight and 12-15 from there. There was also a TV screen across from 6 so we could watch other parts of the track on that. I wanted to go back to T1, but after going to 11, and walking back to 6, there was a lot of people at T1 already, seemed to be a lot more people there today. It was a good time, already called in sick tomorrow (cough, cough), now it is time for bed.

4. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Yeah, it's hilarious. My ribs are killing me.

5. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Was the rule in place when spencer did it?

No.

Therefor this is actually a better and more realistic comparison without a rule taking away from the talent and potential of either rider. Both riders were free to get on the best possible bike they could, and both free to win as soon as they possibly could. MarkeyMark did it a bit quicker. Spencer is the man, but its clear Mark is just as special if not more so.

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

The rules weren't broken...they were changed and he came in under those rules.

7. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

I paid $120 a ticket for T-15 grandstands for all three days and that includes GA

8. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

:up:

Guess I should have called instead of ordering online? The only thing I could find online for anything other than GA was under the turn packages and those were $850+. Next time I will know to research more before I order tickets.

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

It was most likely his pole watch from Tissot, and he probably got a bonus for getting it on and having it shown on TV, or at least he will have a good chance of getting sponsor money from them down the road. This shows he is a smart kid in addition to being incredibly talented.

10. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Pretty disappointing showing by the American contingent on home soil. Would be nice if they were a little more competitive.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

maybe if they had been riding Harleys...

12. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Oh I didn't know that was an option...

13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

All three of them had one on for the interview. Tissot probably sponsored the race.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tissot gives out a watch for pole, offical "time keeper" of motogp and all. But Marquez is sponsored by Lotus watches (see all those stickers on his lid?). The giant watch he wore when he was drilling his nose was his Marquez Lotus watch.

15. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Lorenzo and Pedrosa were sporting massive watches too, same as at Qatar.

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

17. jb_11

jb_11 Well-Known Member

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Watches are just the latest arms race in motogp. Cars, girls, motorhomes and now watches. Rossi has his Jaeger Lecoulture, Hayden has his Tissot, Marquez sports Lotus and Spies his brand. Cheap as f@ck way to get your brand out to a shit load of people.

19. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

You do realize that despite this debated rule change, many riders have come straight from 250s to GP factory rides(Lorenzo and Pedrosa immediately come to mind).

I also feel the small glimpse we have seen of Marquez on the factory Honda is more than enough evidence that he deserves to be there.

20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Moto 3 Race was the best of all IMO.....