1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cory Booker torpedoes his own election bid.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, May 6, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Weird.

You have to have a background check when buying from a dealer.

If you are felon you can't own a firearm.

If you've been convicted of domestic abuse you can't own a firearm.

What is his bitching about? What exactly is this magical loophole I keep hearing about?

This asshole couldn't identify an "assault weapon" from BB gun.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. 600 dbl are

4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Private party sales loophole. No background check in most states if buying a firearm from a private party in-state.

5. 600 dbl are

That's not a loophole. :rolleyes:

MikeR likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's not a loophole though. And it's interesting that it rarely happens at gun shows which is what people started off bitching about with the whole loophole terminology.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Looks like that is about 13-22% of transactions (depending on who you believe) and still wouldn't account for criminal transactions.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Why not just pass a law that makes it illegal to kill another person using a gun. Oh, wait, never mind. Just ban gun violence in general.
    I mean, if you can simply pass a law that keeps bad people form obtaining guns might as well just cut to the chase and legislate no more gun crimes and be done with it.

Booker is just another Liberal Democrat crockpot.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's virtue signaling which the dems always rely on. Instead of running on things that matter like health care, deficit spending, foreign relations, tax reform, campaign reform, infrastructure or any of the issues which require actual planning and offer real results they make up a boogey man.

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Plus he trying to give Obama the credit for the booming economy now. :crackup:

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I guess you could claim the same thing about "private party vehicle sales" too... a loop hole that denies the State their due sales tax...lol.
    Nobody has ever been able to quantify how many firearms are sold this way. Im going to guess... not enough to make a difference. Ive never purchased one that way... its easy enough to go down to my local shop, show my CC permit and walk out with whatever I want and pay the State sales tax. Any responsible owner does this. Besides... the ATF and FDLE love to set private sellers up for entrapment...
    Maybe we should have a waiting period on "politicians"...lol

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Loophole is if common people have them then your armored personal carriers are less able to mow down those protesting utopia.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

They all are. Another Dem senator made the statement when announcing his candidacy for POTUS that even Trump couldn’t mess up the booming Obama economy that Obama set in motion ten years ago. FN delusional like most liberal Dems.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not in Iowa. Private sales of registered vehicles even boats are subjected to sales tax even on private party transactions.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Of course... most, if not all States want the tax on the transaction or vehicle book value.
    Just saying that "private party" transactions tend to not get the full transaction amount declared vs registered dealers.

G 97 likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Everyone knows that a fully loaded 2017 Chevy 1500 Silverado with 20,000 miles is only worth $7455.00. :D

17. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Same in WI.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Same in every state with an excise tax on vehicles.

stk0308 likes this.
  19. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

This guy is a moron, but that’s unsurprising. Uncle Joe has the best chance to beat Trump (10% vs 0) but his enemies in the party are already floating stories to sink him. Bet they keep trying to kill Uncle Joe, he wins the primary anyway but is too weakened and bruised to put up any sort of real fight against Donald.

Wonder what nickname Trump will give ol’ Joe? Gropin Joe? Droopy Joe? Dopey Joe? That could be the most interesting aspect of this whole election. Donald’s nicknames are great.

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If you want to avoid giving Caesar his due here in Alabama, you register your vehicle as a gift.