1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornerspeed Riderschools/Trackdays VIR North-March 23rd & 24th

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Cuddles de Sade, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

the WERA weekend @ VIR is March 20-22...follow it up with two more days on the track. Cornerspeed will be on the North Course Monday the 23rd and Tuesday the 24th. Monday will be a Level 1 school, Tuesday is scheduled as our Level 2 school (usually only offered once a year).

on the Trackday side, we will have our usual Sport Enthusiast and Advanced/Racer groups.

2009 registration forms are up on www.cornerspeed.net/schedule.html and groups are already beginning to fill up...everyone's itchy for the good riding weather to get here:up:

see everyone in March!

2. Cuddles de Sade

3. NC Jon

NC Jon Can I change my name?

Cuddles, are you an instructor?

4. Cuddles de Sade

Class Assistant and Instructor...don't hold my bbs persona against me:D

5. NC Jon

I'll do my best not to. :p

I'll be there doing the Level 1 class on Monday and the trackday on Tuesday. Look forward to meeting you.

6. Cuddles de Sade

that's awesome! I'll be the one ordering everyone back in the classroom, giving you the test at the end of the day, and most importantly the keeper of the lunch tickets :D see you there.

let me know if you have any questions...

what are you riding?

7. NC Jon

I will definitely be nice to you if you are the keeper of the lunch tickets! What's for lunch anyway?

I'll be on an '08 CBR600RR with shitty looking flat-black track plastics on it. Will probably have a #29 on them.

8. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

I want to do another level 2 school. I took level 2 season before last. Can I do it with out another level 1? Isn't it still pretty cold up there the end of March?

All, Aaron's level 2 school is fantastic!

9. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

fun track, great bunch of talented guys, awesome schools. I've done all three and Level II was a real eye opener.

keep the lunch tickets far from the one they call XXX.......

:up:

10. Cuddles de Sade

yes you can take Level 2 again without taking Level 1 again. springtime weather is hard to predict. could be in the high 30's or could be 60. might rain a bit, might not have a cloud in the sky. normal is brisk in the morning, awesome mid-day stretch and then it cools back down once we're all packing up...but it's usually beautiful.

you could do the trackday on Monday to get all warmed up and then hit Level 2 on Tuesday :up:

side question: have you done Cornerspin yet?

11. Cuddles de Sade

Big Steve gets as many lunch tickets as he wants:D:crackup:

12. Cuddles de Sade

the VIR snackbar offers everything from BBQ sammiches, hamburgers, and hot dogs to caesar salads. pretty damn good grub for track food:up:

plus we have granola bars, bananas, energy bars, Red Bull, water and gatorade in the classroom...

flat black is my favorite color...

13. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

No but want to. I don't own a bike to use. I do have all the gear needed. It's tough for us old guys to go someplace with the intention of falling down.:up:

14. Cuddles de Sade

:tut:we provide the bikes for Cornerspin...(and the gear too if someone needs it).

but yeah...I'm 39 and still feeling the bumps and bruises from being down there last weekend:D hurts alot less to fall on a XR100 than at VIR

reason I asked is that Cornerspin is similar to Level 2 in a lot of ways and it might be an interesting choice for you at some point...different way to accomplish the same thing, broadening the learning experience, etc.:up:

15. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

No doubt, I'd love to take it soon. Trying to lose weight right now. Ask Aaron, I'm not one of the little guys, and at almost 50 it hurts to fall down. I did the MX thing as a kid but would benefit alot from cornerspin.

16. Jersey5.0

Jersey5.0 Well-Known Member

I'll be there for cornerspeed on the 23rd.

See everyone there.

17. Cuddles de Sade

Jersey-

what's your name and whatcha riding?

18. Cuddles de Sade

Big Steve is 300lbs and he comes down and rocks it on his TTR125. we have a TTR with heavier springs in it for those of us who are 'gentlemen of larger carriage' :up:

learning to back it in, while riding with one hand on the tank was an eye-opening experience. just awesome in every way...I had pretty high expectations going in and was really blown-away with what I took away from it. can't wait to get back there and back to VIR on my motard now :D

19. gotcha

gotcha Well-Known Member

Cornerspeed

Will be there also.

Martin
    600RR

20. Jersey5.0

Jersey5.0 Well-Known Member

My name is Jon, I will be on an 06 gsxr600