1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corner Workers for Summit Point

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, May 29, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We are in search of people who want to work corners at Summit. If you're interested email me at [email protected]

evakat likes this.
  2. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Is MARRC struggling for volunteers?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're evidently not willing to commit to two weekends in a row and CCS is there the following weekend for some reason.

4. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Actually we are and that was without all the current crap going on. If things don't change this year, there may not be a next year.

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

If I can get a couple people to commit to help corner work, is there class or something they do with y’all beforehand? No promises, but I’m spreading the word trying to spark interest

6. SVbadguy

We don't even have someone to teach the school on the 13th as we had hoped. We've trained many of dozens over the past couple year, yet only a handful might ever show up later. <shrug>

7. britx303

What about newbies this weekend? I’ve got 2 likely candidates and maybe a third. Their 1st question they just asked was about being shown what to do etc

8. britx303

9. SVbadguy

britx303 likes this.
  10. britx303

11. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

That's a shame. I started working corners for MARRC way back when I relocated to Winchester, VA. and maintained my membership for a couple for a few years after I moved away.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well that sucks ass, hopefully with things getting more normal it'll change.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the newbies have them get in touch with us and if nothing else we can get them in and hooked up with experience people. They may not be able to do a lot but extra eyes are always nice.

14. britx303

Cool. I sent the contact info to the potential peeps. I’m hoping they are more than talk and can commit.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thank you!