1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cordless Impact gun suggestions?

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Jun 22, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

NTTAWWT

TurboBlew likes this.
  2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I sprung for the Ingersol Rand. I had an issue with my R6 countershaft sprocket nut, I threw everything at that SOB including torch, and breaker bar even with the handle of my floor jack thown in. I'm pretty sure I posted a thread about it.

I have found all kinds of uses for it, but you have to be careful using it to tighten things (duh). I've found that most race bikes most of the fasteners are overtorqued vs. the factory specs.

Gets borrowed at the track pretty much every weekend, usually with one of the other brands lying next to it in frustration. Probably overkill for 90% of situations but for that R6 countershaft.....

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

IR is made in china

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the box had me loling...
    [​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

lbs.ft **

1,400lbs is just weight, not torque :p

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

The numbers on that M18 Fuel impact wrench is IMPRESSIVE!!! Especially seeing that it's only 18v.

I thought the IR had impressive numbers at 1100ft-lbs! I just looked, I paid less than $235 for mine, shipped....included case, charger and 1 battery.....food for thought for those looking.

7. blue03R6

blue03R6 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. AVE has torn a lot of them apart and they're garbage. https://www.youtube.com/user/arduinoversusevil

also watch some where people connect them together and have a torque off or whatever you want to call it. they all burn up quickly connected to a makita, dewalt, milwaukee etc. some of the newer stuff that mimics makita and milwaukee are getting better. but they're still a daddy's little helper drill.
    and that earthquake pneumatic tools, lol they're weak junk too. my stepdad couldn't get the axle nut off my mom's Kia optima with one. I brought the kobalt 1000ft/lb wrench over and it took it off with 5 impacts.

MCW likes this.
  8. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Meh....i got a few thousand worth of the milwaukee fuel line so theres that. Im not a hf fanboy , but ive seen enough comparisons that show otherwise.

Ill post of vids tomorrow. Good night. :)

9. Dave250

Dave250 Dave

14.4 Snap on 3/8ths drive. I love that thing its small and rather powerful for a little guy.

turner38 likes this.
  10. MCW

MCW Well-Known Member

Ive seen similar reviews showing they are not comparable to the higher ends brands, there are alot of corners cut to keep pricing down.
    I have plenty of HF tools and they have their place and some items are great for the price but alot of items the newer lines of tools (which you cant use 20% coupon on such as Bauer, Hercules, etc) are so close in pricing to DeWalt sale prices (and sales happen alot because everywhere sells them), its just not worth it. One major strike against the higher model HF brands like Bauer and Hercules is only a 90 day warranty, all the larger brands such have much better warranties included. HF will sell you a warranty for extra cost though.

11. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

I've had a few, snap ons Makita and now Milwaukee. Snap on just like their air tools just aren't up to par. Pay for the name but their specialty is hand tools not impact wrenches. I thought I loved my makitas until I got the Milwaukee. I've done tire rotations with my 3/8 fuel, anything bigger I'll just get out the air tools. The 3/8 m12 ratchet is super handy as well.

12. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Couldn't agree more. It is the most used tool in my box.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Have always been a HF fan but that line above is spot on!!! Do not shop blindly there.

They do, however, run special sales on some of those items, on occasion.
    Last yr, I checked out their 'pro-line' Hercules 12" sliding miter, when they first introduced them it was priced in at $399 and compared to the top shelf Dewalt. Say what you will but it was a pretty impressive comparison in abilities and the price difference was substantial. A few months later, when I was about ready to start building my shop they had it on sale for $299 and the best part, they offered a 1-yr money back warranty!!!! I couldn't pass it up and knew the sliding miter would come in handy for the larger cuts on this project, 8 months later I STILL love this thing! I was seriously thinking about returning it before the 1 yr date but I won't be, it simply kicks ass. It runs smoothly, all the parts that pivot, pivot smoothly. I've checked out a LOT of sliding miters these past few yrs from cheap to premium, guys this thing was nicely made and don't think it's coincidental that they're offering a 1 year money back warranty, they did this one right. However, I am NOT a contractor so I can't say it'd absolutely be equal to something proven in that environment like the Dewalt. For those of you who are w/e warrior DIYer's tho, I'd def say give it a look/try!

BigBird likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

good to know that the hercules/bauer thing is actually decent equipment. They are one of the few stores open on a Sunday in the neighborhood.

15. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Chris likes this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

1400 pies?

18. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Pre-owned with a 1 year warranty.
    Been buying from them for years and never had an issue with anything I bought there. It's just a tool...not a pre-owned condom.

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

All fine with me. I will buy used high end tools over cheap new tools any day. Just pointing out that you were comparing apples to oranges.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Just a heads up on Torque wrenches...Grassroot Motorsports did a test on the fancy ones and some cheaper ones, and the premium HF one dubbed Icon actually was 1-2% within accuracy, while the really cheap one is with 4%. So HF is not that terrible.

The HF Icon one 3/8" -1% $89.99
    1/2"- 2% $99.99