1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Consumer Beware: Ballistik Leathers

Discussion in 'General' started by Tractionless, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Will you give me a link to that seller?

Were you hit with any custom/duty fees when it showed up?

I have been waiting for years for the D-Air suit to be available in the US, and it apparently isn't going to happen anytime soon. So my only option is to order one from overseas.

2. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

http://stores.ebay.com/mlshopde/

I havent ordered from them yet, ill prob wait til winter time...

but from me emailing them and reading their reviews-they are more than willing to answer all the questions you may have b4 and after your purchase!

3. Tractionless

Tractionless Well-Known Member

My best bet would be doing a 2 piece from them. I continued to read on and you can't mix and match jacket and pants sizes. You still just get a 48 size suit so same problems. :(

4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Motorama in Italy is way cheaper than that. I've had a few friends order various items from them over the years. Only thing is it tends to just get here whenever it gets here. Seen some orders where they came in a week, others closer to six. It does always seem to make it though.

5. Thanks :up:

Do you have a link/email contact info?

6. shakazulu12

Wasn't sure if I should post a non sponsor link honestly. But here goes

http://www.motorama.it/en/

Edit: Note the pricing is much lower for non EU countries, have to click on the items and you will see it. Plus it's another few percentage points off when you get their newsletter.

7. Thanks :up:

As far as the non-sponsor link, it shouldnt be an issue because forum sponsors can't get the Dainese D-Air suits. If STG could get one, i would have had one 2 years ago. So it isnt like you are taking business away from forum sponsors, they can't get them anyway. :)

8. shakazulu12

From what I have seen, I wouldn't order if you need something for an upcoming race weekend. They speak english, but a little worse than Rossi and it takes them two or three days to get to an email. But I haven't seen anyone not get their items. Mostly Ducati guys buying all the expensive jackets.

9. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

I've had several suits from Wayne at Trackskinz, they've never failed me and always great service.

10. That is fine. I just sent them an email about a D-Air suit. I won't be racing again until the GNF (assuming I am capable of racing then). So there isn't a big rush. That is like 3 months away, surely they can have it here by then.

11. I just saw a post on fb about Ballistik offering $100 off their custom Kangaroo suits. Apparently they are still trying to put out suits.

12. shakazulu12

Quite a few people in the NW have them, in fact some acquaintances of mine just got one. I was actually thinking about taking the plunge until I saw this thread.

13. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

I have got really good Customer service from Pilot leathers. And the suits are pretty damn good.

14. Tractionless

Tractionless Well-Known Member

Or get riders to take the bait and steal their money. :down:

15. Kind of what i was thinking. I thought about posting something along those lines on the link. But it wasnt a link directly from Ballistik, it was from one of their vendors, and i dont want to shit on somebody who is doing their best and has no real control over what Ballistik does. So i just let it be.

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Hey buddy, I think your autocorrect messed ya up.

I took care of it for you.

:crackup:

17. That's fucked up. :moon:

1 crash in almost 3 years, and it was because of a stuck throttle. EAD. :p

18. AubreyR6

AubreyR6 Aubs!

Unless I'm missing something, those prices are the same that we have listed on our website and we also offer free shipping on all orders...

19. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

but they also give u an option of Best Offer, which u dont on ur website..

20. AubreyR6

AubreyR6 Aubs!

Thats because of Dainese map policy, which is their way of getting around it. We can help ya out with pricing over the phone or email.