1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Congrats to Huey130

Discussion in 'General' started by RobeyRacer, Apr 30, 2002.

1. RobeyRacer

RobeyRacer Well-Known Member

No one has meantioned it, but it was an SV built by Craig that Opie dominated LW Twins on (sorry John :) ) .

So, Congrates man!!!

2. Definitely.. Great job Craig, that bike looked awesome!! Hopefully, I'll be the man to take it off your hands at the end of the season! (fingers crossed) :D

3. RobeyRacer

Re: Re: Congrats to Huey130

Oh no, Martin on an SV??? I might as well turn expert now ;)

4. Re: Re: Re: Congrats to Huey130

That's it Michael.. go ahead, pump up my ego just so you can deflate it first time out.. I see whatcher doin'... don't go bringin' that psychamotology on me!! :D

5. RobeyRacer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Congrats to Huey130

Yeah right. Remember you are turning times right behind me at Talledega with only half the HP :eek:

6. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Congrats to Huey130

Appreciate the compliments.. but I still have a long way to go:confused: it's getting better though;)

7. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

That was Huey!? Congrats Huey. I always appreciate someone helping out our fellow cherrypickers.:D

8. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Dude, Thanks a million.
    I don't "toot my own horn" (Lord know's Ive tried when Rikki was on some of her longer AF trips!) so I appreciate you saying so.

I was so scared... :D

I stopped by Marmo and Opie gave me the trophey! Man, I tell you I looked like the orange shirted newbie that had just won the GNF with that thing! It's already on my desk with threat of death to the other people in the office if they touch it!

So here goes:
    I'd like to thank the corner workers; 1888FASTLAP, Traxxion Dynamics, and Pirelli; UGADawg, Robey, Paige and Guo for letting me hang out on Tard Row; Ed and Shelli who introduced me to this side of motorcycling; My wife for believing in me and not bitching as much as she usually does; the best damned flashlight holder in the world: Ray; Cussin Mike; my mom and dad for who's hard work got me born... am I forgetting anyone?.... anyone else?.... Oh yeah! That guy that rode the bike! What's his name?!?!?!? Oh yeah Opie Caylor for the paltry 13 minutes of work he did! :D ;) :D :)

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/922d8b15/bc/Stuff/tgpr---1.jpg?bc3Guz8A7Ov21pI1

Another cool thing is I just picked up a "pay" job to put together another SV on the track!

9. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

You know, I'd like to add something in all seriousness:

I'm a rarity: a guy that loves motorcycling, including racing. Loves working on bikes, especially race bikes. Yet has no desire to race. Weird huh. I do ride. I have almost 27,000 miles on my 99 VFR.

But it seems having someone in your pit that loves to work on bikes and let the people that loves to race race is cool as hell.

There's a myriad of reasons of why I bought/ built Opie a bike (some a few of yall won't agree with) but here's the main ones:

I respect the hell out of Opie as a person and a rider. Period.
    I wanted to be more involved with the bike... Other than riding it, what else is there than actually owning it?
    I LOVE getting my hands dirty and learning new things.
    I like going to the races and hanging out with you lot but am too "figity" to sit and watch races all day.. what else is there to do than work on bikes!

Just wanted to say more of a "personable" thanks: "Thanks"

10. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Darn that Opie Caylor! Man, he made it look like he was out for a sunday ride in the Mtns. I couldn't even steal a line from the guy. He handily whipped our butts. I put a nice greasy thumbprint on the gas tank hoping to distract the guy but it didn't work. Craig, you did a great job on it. It sure looked fast when he went by on the second lap. I was riding my ass off and he just came up and went on by. BTW, Martin, I am buying this one at the end of the season and you can buy mine. :D Hee hee! It's fast!

11. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Cool Huey. What do you do during the week?

12. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

I'm the lead Loadmaster on the C-130 "J" Hercules for the training department at Lockheed Martin.

The Loadmaster preflights and loads the plane, calculates the weight and balance and then gets to drop everything out the back anywhere from 500 to 13,000' up!

The "J" model is the newest C-130. It has 6 bladed composite props, advanced avionics, glass cockpit... blah, blah, blah.

We're building training centers that are simulator and computer based training based. I finished the one in England for the RAF last year and now I'm leading a team putting together 2 for the US Air Force.

I use to also fly out of Dobbins with the Reserves. My wife takes care of that side of the runway now. She's a Loadmaster in my old unit and is putting her application in for USAF pilot training (she's a private pilot now).

And that is the most I've ever typed about myself w/o trying to get a date! Hahahahaha

13. WAY COOOL, Huey, didn't know that.. I jumped out 'em in my 11bravo days down at Benning.. I was also the guy commenting on your little A-Frame set up camper, we borrowed the sauce pan.. too cool you and your wife. :cool: the life everyone dreams about.. fighter planes and motorcycles... could it get any better?

14. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Ok dude, your forget who you're talking to! We both know you never jumped out! Everyone of y'all was pushed! :D

20 Min!!!!!!!
    TEN MIN!!!!!
    Stand up!!!!!
    Hook UP!!!!!!!!!!!
    CHECK EQUIPMENT!!!!
    REPORT!

15. RobeyRacer

Well, like your wife said, you fit right in at the row. So, if no one else has, I would like to officially welcome you to retard row. Now where is TIW or Shelli when I need a really cool retard name. Oh well, it will be wrenchtard until someone comes up with one better :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think Wrenchtard fits perfectly - and Craig, I totally understand how you feel about racing. I'm the same way which is why I do what I do and don't race. SOme of the most fun I've ever had was when I owned and wrenched on a bike for a fast rider...

17. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

OK guys, stop making me tear up at work...
    ;)

I'll accept WrenchTard if UGA and Ed vote "yea"!
    But I like it! Thanks Robey!

Y'all start looking for this sticker!
    [​IMG]

18. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

I would never jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

I've never flown in a plane I didn't want to jump out of.

Getting on a commercial airliner without a parachute still freaks me out. Give me a door seat and a 'chute and keep it below 5000 :)

Good job, Craig. I think wrenchtard fits

19. well maybe i did get a "boot" the first time.. but it is was all downhill after that:eek:

20. PKS Racing Services

PKS Racing Services Timing and Crewing

Congratulations Huey! I'm so glad you've been able to turn your passion for racing into a successful venture!:)