1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confederate flag stinky stinky

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by james walker, Jun 6, 2008.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

See, I knew there was an upside to this!

2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

:D

3. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Ahhh, kinda like Obama will get some votes from blacks simply because he's black? Goes both ways. To deny that is lying through your teeth.

4. LBF

LBF Hearse Driver

Really?

I believe that he will get the majority of his votes because of the color of his skin. Racism? Nah - just reality. Back to the issue of the Confederate Flag - If you have that "symbol" on your vehicle in the company parking lot - among others, mind you (the Trucker Girl for example) - you will have to remove it or your vehicle. It's their parking lot, after all...

5. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Do any of you who oppose the Confederate flag have problems with Southerners flying the Bonnie Blue Flag? Unlike the Confederate banner, it has not been widely adopted by any racist groups, and still symbolizes the separate culture of the south. I have one, and most people who don't share my affinity for southern heritage don't even know what it is...

6. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Lets see it. Inquiring minds want to know...

7. Run-n-hide

Run-n-hide Well-Known Member

8. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Don't have a picture handy, but it's simple. Solid blue flag with a single star in the center.

9. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

What possible motivations would someone have to fly the flag besides provoking racial tension? I think I've already debunked the ridiculous "southern heritage/culture" argument, so what else is there? I don't see it as a stretch to call everyone that flies the confederate flag a racist because there is no other possible motivation to support ideas counter to our Constitution and a country that fought the US to uphold those ideals.

10. Run-n-hide

Found it.

I dont have an issue with this as according to the Wiki it more represents the struggle for states rights and actually pre-dates the stars and bars.

[​IMG]

11. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

pull your pants up bitch:D

12. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

That's the stupidest, most ridiculous bullshit. It IS possible to be proud of a Southern heritage without being racist. Not everything Southern is racist. Or redneck. Course doesn't matter what we say, you'll disagree.

13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Like i said, more important shit to worry about than a flag that some racist people adopted to be their banner and some people crying about it. Fuck maybe if yalls panties didnt get twisted over it and the media didnt report on every little aspect, it wouldnt be so bad. You fukkers are the ones keeping the flame lit and saying everyone who flies it is racist, is about the dumbest thing ive heard. Not everyone is! sure racists adoptded it but you cant group everyone because of a bunch off assholes from 400 years ago. Get a fucking life and show me a poll that everyone who flies the flag is racist and then i may be more prone to agree with you. Until then im goin to the flea market and buying the flag just to piss u pussies off! while im at it i will get a pro-african american and latino flag, just to piss the racist assholes of too. And all this is from a white man with color in his family, that being black and latin!

14. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

I agree that everything southern isn't racist and there are positive elements of southern heritage not attached to slavery. However, with the confederate flag representing only 5 years of that heritage it's ridiculous to claim it's a symbol of those positive aspects that were developed LONG before that flag was adopted as the symbol of the confederacy.

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

This will be a never ending thread, possibly longer than the cheesburger thread. And it wont solve a thing!

16. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

That is your opinion. Not necessarily factual.

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Of course I don't give a shit about any past cultural shit. It's the here and now that we need to worry about. Whiney asses have fucked up most of the old school way of doing things.

Racism is certainly not a Southern thing. As I've stated before, I find racism to be worse in the Northeast than I do in the South.

18. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

http://www.prairieghosts.com/slave.html
    http://www.slavenorth.com/newyork.htm

19. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

http://www.civilwarhome.com/casualties.htm

http://www.heritage.org/research/nationalsecurity/cda05-08.cfm
    In summary, we found that..........We did find evidence of a "Southern military tradition" in that some states, notably in the South and West, provide a much higher proportion of enlisted troops by population.

20. Run-n-hide

This link is interesting as it shows that Illinois was a free state where a man on his own accord captured free black men and women and used them as slaves. I dont see this can prove that the northern states had slavery during the Civil War. I see this as the inhumane act of a lowly individual but nothing to prove that Illinois was a slave state. In fact it proves the opposite.

More..

Had you read through all the posts you would have noticed that I use this site as my main point of reference. No one in this thread tried to make the point that the north did not have slavery at one time. Aside from that this link is totally irrelevant in this context because as stated earlier slavery had been mostly abolished in the north during the Revolutionary War almost a hundred years before the start of the Civil War and the inception of the stars and bars.

Try to stay on point people. :rolleyes: