1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confederate flag stinky stinky

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by james walker, Jun 6, 2008.

1. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  2. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

OOOOO! I WANT IN ON THIS THREAD! :D

Something tells me that no amount of research will cause those guys to vote Obama ....

President Lincoln didn't move to free any slaves in the South until the Civil War was in its third year. The civil war was not about slavery, contrary to most people's lazy brains.

If they want to have a flag that can be seen from the International Space station, let them. I thought Florida was 90% carpetbagger anyway.
    :confused:

Is that one in Alabama near Verbena on I-65 still flying? Anyone?

3. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

The confederate flag debate is so overdone now. Yeah, there are some haters that use the flag, but I think for the most part people need to relax. I don't think most people are advocating slavery again or anything like that, just proud of their southern heritage, and on the plus side, it is kind of cool looking on the General Lee.

4. bluebandit2g

bluebandit2g Well-Known Member

yes.. im quite sure it is.. last time i was on I-65 headed to bham. i saw it.

5. sdg

sdg *

I think it has become associated with racism.

I don't personally feel its a racist statement...however, too many people do.

6. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

sdg, I agree with you 100%.

7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

What a stupid argument. So...if a Japanese WWII vet flies the rising sun in front of his house...does that mean he hates the country and all it stands for? Or does he simply still respect his heritage and where he came from. The Japs did some pretty nasty things to 'mericans back in the day. So should we picket his house for him to pull it down?

Some people just want to complain to complain.

8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

For roughly 10 years I carried 3 confederate flags (small stickers) on my trucks (side windows and rear). I never associate the flag with nothing more than the Dukes of Hazzard and the General Lee.

9. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

The swastika meant something entirely different for hundreds of years, until the Nazis adopted it in 1933 or thereabouts. Since it has an innocent purpose Jews should not be offended by seeing it on flags and such?

10. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Along those same lines, Them yankee's did some atrocious things during the war of northern aggression we still fly their flag.To me all the rebel flag represents is southern heritage, not any form of racism.

I do find it interesting the NAACP thinks its OK to complain about the flag when by every virtue they are a racist orginazation.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The Confederate's flag, The Rising Sun and the Swastika.

Strickly speaking in the design sense, those are three very nice objects... Too bad they got subverted.

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Robert, where do you stop? It has been touch upon here on other thread in the past, but some will find religious symbols offensive/oppressive.

Apparently it is wicked cool to wear the Hammer and Sickle!

Personally, I think people should be free to wear or fly whatever they want. If anything it may give you some insight into that individual. And whatever choice of flag/symbol you choose to wear or fly don't expect a homogeneous response. And, more important this freedom does not exempt you from retribution from others in society.

13. Hawk0589

Hawk0589 One Armed Bandit

It was the symbol of Justice (originally). If you look closely at some courthouses, you'll still see it.

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

This reminds me of a discussion I had the other day with respect to black & white. Imagine a shirt black & white with a gray strip down the middle. In the gray area, I would write in a big ? & ! (in red). I would then proceed to put opposite sings/symbols on the black and white.

I wonder how long it would take before someone is offended and I get my ass kicked?:D

15. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

16. Jefe

Jefe Wannabe

It's been around for a little bit longer than most folks know, and with far different meanings than what it's usually associated with. Link

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

It's always been somewhat amusing to me how people try as hard as they can to ignore parts of history that they don't like as if doing so will make it go away. As Todd said, the Civil War had very little to do with slavery and the rebel flag was nothing but a battle flag for the Southern States during that war. Maybe someday the NAACP will get a life and quit feeling sorry for themselves.

18. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Expressing racism in public has to be made unacceptable otherwise it gets taught to kids.

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Damn that is fucking sad. :D

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

No shit. I've always thought they were pretty cool flags/symbols but didn't like the negativity associated with them.