1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

completely new to this........with lots of questions

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by TheScarpino, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Yep - the 2 waves are for Experts and then Novices. There have been times when a short break was built into 1 class because of having so many people. But most of the time it is to split the Ex and Nv in combined races.

You will have to pass Tech in the morning, immediately after registration. So yes (unless there is some allowance i am unaware of) your bike will need to be race prepped before doing the school. The school has its own practice session built into the morning with the other practices, and then you will have a Mock race. So your bike will need to be prepped to race like everyone else's.

There have been people who have made changes to their bike between SS and SB classes (something easy like aftermarket wheels back to OEM wheels). But 99% of the time, if somebody has SB mods on their bike, they will only run SB classes. My R6 is a Superbike due to its motor, wheels, clutch, MC and rotors, so i only run it in the SB classes. But in those classes, 90% of the people in them are on SS legal bikes...they are just running SB to get another class.

In other words, don't hesitate to sign up for a SB class. You don't need anything special on the bike, it will mostly be the same people you raced against in the SS class. My 1299S is SS legal, but i also race it in the SB classes (A-SB, F1 and HWT-SB) so i can get more races.

Metalhead likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Waves all depend, we'll do waves within a group too (say C Novices) - the whole point is to get the group that is racing together through t1 smoothly, we also use row gaps to do this depending on the track and the class and so on. Majority of waves are between different classes as Chris said but not always.

3. mzarra

mzarra Well-Known Member

Sorry, didn't see this until today. Hope you got everything sorted out for the weekend.